Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Not to mention it's half the reason The Netherlands has a national baseball team that participates in all the tournaments.
  2. none of you actually bothered to click through to this, did you?
  3. There's not much unique about being a baseball player from Curacao.
  4. [tweet] [/tweet] Not sure there's much of anything the Cubs can learn about winning from the Blackhawks, but by all means give it a try.
  5. Bickell better watch himself at that height, given the vertigo.
  6. [tweet]https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/611166935787655168[/tweet]
  7. because people can't keep this out of the other thread there was also the stretch in the 2013 playoffs where the blackhawks were a complete mess and he stole multiple games. i understand what jersey and tim are trying to say, but i think they are severely underestimating his impact on the last 2 cup runs. he hasn't just made the saves he's supposed to make. he has legitimately taken over games, and could easily be a 2 time conn smythe winner. an injured bishop was more impactful than crawford this series
  8. There's plenty of reason to send him on a rehab assignment instead of just throwing him out there. There is a reason spring training exists. And if you are out of the game for 2+ weeks with a walking boot that would make it impossible to stay on top of drills for a good amount of that time, you need to get some swings in.
  9. Not necessarily. There's a very good chance that his own personal defensive struggles could make it so the actual results of his games pitched would be worse than the measurable results based on his pitching performance alone. That being said, I think people are stupidly obsessed with baserunning and more scared of giving up stolen bases than they should be.
  10. How much more valuable would it be if we had the 3rd? Yeah. He is raw, but he has played the position and they aren't just randomly trying to teach an old dog new tricks. He could do this, and if he did, the value proposition is astronomical.
  11. you wouldn't care as in that would be awesome?
  12. ha! yeah, that is the now 3 year old. I was referring to the 6 year old though. she passed along the Kane jersey and is in need of some new gear. nice have you indoctrinated her into the cubs too? Yup.
  13. The hotel was by O'Hare, not downtown so they had farther to go. I blame #PoorGaryBettman for making the cup guy stay all the way out there. I didn't even notice the lateness until a guy mentioned it on the street this morning while I was walking the dog. They claimed to have left the hotel right at puck drop, which still seems weird to me. Why not just park it at the stadium in advance?
  14. ha! yeah, that is the now 3 year old. I was referring to the 6 year old though. she passed along the Kane jersey and is in need of some new gear.
  15. Brandon is no darling. Scott Darling.
  16. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mike-milbury-on-lightning-injuries---i-don-t-want-to-hear-about-it-as-an-excuse---video-074405748.html Actually, I thought Cooper went out of his way to point out that health determined the winner. One of my favorite parts was seeing the "hits" stat with Tampa leading by a huge margin while well on their way to losing. The Blackhawks are constantly considered to not be physical enough which is just such dumb thinking when they have won so much because of their talent, and not stupid gooning.
  17. Mine is too young to stay up for that but when I woke her up this morning I told her our hockey team won the stanley cup and she had a huge smile on her face.
  18. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/chicago-il/60608/daily-weather-forecast/348308?day=1
  19. I said I didn't have any interest in talking about the cap crunch needs and didn't do any of it until jerks like you and that other guy went around insulting me for not blowing Crawford. I had a great time enjoying watching this team, which began winning before Crawford did anything, and have been incredibly satisfied with what they have done. I don't have a great time dealing with jerks like you being jerky but that is why I said I didn't want to talk about the obvious cap crunch moves that will have to be made.
  20. as a matter of fact I was in wrigleyville for a bulls championship and I remember it got a bit crazy. There's a ton of sports bars in close proximity to a sporting venue and people are used to getting wasted and watching sports there.
  21. I hate the Cardinals. Like, a lot. But I think Drew Magary hates them more than me. He's originally from Minnesota and his biggest hatred is reserved for the aw shucks faux niceness of midwesterners.
  22. http://deadspin.com/eat-[expletive]-cardinals-1711726377 can't say I disagree with any of this
×
×
  • Create New...