Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Yeah, no horsefeathers. Football isn't baseball. There was no scientific support for starting Mitch, or benching him. Science has nothing to do with it. Data has nothing to do with it. Mitch was an underutilized college player who probably stood to benefit from a little time on the bench. But we don't know.
  2. The Bears are 1-3 but I swear they aren't free falling It's been a long day livin' in Reseda. But Mitch is officially starting this game and we were all raised on promises, couldn't help thinkin' that there was a little more to life
  3. This is terrible sciencing. Peyton Manning played 7,000 games in college and was as prepared to play from Day 1 in the NFL than anybody in history. What drives me crazy is people being apoplectic when you say you prefer a guy with limited college playing time to at least sit for a while to start his pro career. I think starting Mitch from week 1 would have been a mistake. I think starting him now is the right decision.
  4. I want a compilation video of NFL QBs that actually put effort into their time as a WR in the wildcat.
  5. [tweet] [/tweet][tweet] [/tweet][tweet] [/tweet]
  6. I'm such a failure. But I was in a meeting and couldn't come up with anything good for the title.
  7. And the best part is it was my idea. It's worked exactly as I'd hoped and is awesome.
  8. Yes, it was all over the interwebs about the time he signed. But it didn't resonate since trubisky became the story so soon after.
  9. Sorry for your loss
  10. define amazing. i don't want to see him have a great debut and then you back out on some vague definition of just how well he played.
  11. Is this it? Can't you see I'm trying? I don't even like it. I can't think because I'm just way too tired. Might Mitch make his debut? Going back to game 1, I feel like the criteria I laid out has been met. My guess is he'd have to be pretty damn terrible to lose the job in the first 4-6 games. Pace is probably hoping for sustained mediocrity and losing games by less than a TD (the John Fox specialty). In the weeks coming up to the bye week, that will be when not being good enough to win will risk Glennon's job, as the bar will be raised. Glennon has been pretty damn terrible. 1 surprising win when he did nothing. 1 almost win when he did nothing until the very end, when they didn't win. 2 disastrously terrible games. When the Bears signed him I thought Glennon was worse than Cutler, but mediocre enough to at least be a somewhat stable quarterback that won't lose games on his own. But hoo-boy has he been so much worse than I thought. He's just awful. They gave him his money, they gave him the job, they gave him 4 games and he [expletive] the bed. Anyway, people keep harping on about this tough string of defenses that it would be unfair to play Mitch against and all I can say is if there are truly any amazing defenses in the NFL anymore, none of them are on the Bears schedule the next three weeks. These are all flawed, beatable teams. I was all for letting Glennon/Fox take the fall this season, but that has already happened. Time to move on.
  12. There's a halfway decent chance he starts next Monday night. And whenever he does start, Bears fans will flock to the stadium and the TV. But it will only take 2-3 disappointing games for all hope to be lost.
  13. How many stupid worthless quarterbacks have we seen get hurt over the years, and this guy is going to be invincible. Huh, what? Glennon won't get hurt
×
×
  • Create New...