Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. That's weird because I do not feel that is the assumption at all. In fact, I think the majority assume it is better to play rather than sit. The reasons for Mitch not to play are somewhat unique. 1) He played very little in college and needs to learn the game. 2) His NFL coaches suck. 3) His line is a band-aid on a cast for a prosthetic leg. 4) There are 1.5 skill position players for him to utilize. 5) Pittsburgh is going to kill somebody on Sunday 6) Green Bay is 4 days later and will be a disaster. 7) Tanking is the new trying. . . . . . 8) There is some marginal benefit to actually playing the guy who chose to sign with you as a free agent, in terms of GM goodwill with agents and other vets looking to sign.
  2. I have one that is incredibly inappropriate and offensive that I keep wanting to post because I'm a terrible human being, but my better judgment has won out. Does it involve Bobby 4 asking an innocent question at Don's apartment after being robbed?
  3. no but I have a couple that are so inappropriate I imagine there are only 1 or 2 specific sets of circumstances that would justify using them.
  4. http://www.thegeekedgods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/madmen-meme-3.gif
  5. http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_n5g2tybzf11qfk4jio2_500.gif?w=650
  6. Anybody remember the shows that tried to emulate Mad Men's success by calling back to the same era? Similar to the Cardinals this weekend, the Playboy Club was cancelled after just three episodes http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrv45ebtBL1qz5y5g.gif
  7. Nope He's only got a 0.1 WACR, wins above Cubs replacement. Cubs replacement players are better than rest of the league.
  8. True, he wasn't pressured all that much, but he sure as horsefeathers played like he was.
  9. not ready to write off what I wait for 8 months of the year after two weeks. How long you wait doesn't really matter when a 5 win caliber team shows up.
  10. If you skipped watching the game and squint at the box score, Glennon completed 68% of his passes for 300 yards Not sure what Fox's excuse is, though I will say that if I was Fox I'd say all week that Glennon is starting even if I know right now that it's Mitch. Let the Steelers figure out who to prepare for. Also, unless he and Pace are on the same page and in agreement he can't really answer that question any other way than "no." Any other answer throws all kinds of chum in the water for the media. It would be baffling if they really gave Glennon another start. I thought a good intro would have been 1 series to start, scripted plays, vs Tampa, unannounced. Then glennon takes over. Wouldn't do that at home though.
  11. Definite non-tender candidate. Won't get anything worthwhile in trade unless he learns to host .290 consistently.
  12. It's on pace fo signing glennon and not employing wide receivers But he couldn't envision his top 2 guys going down. It's not like Jeffery would help if he was hurt, too. "Top"
  13. It's on pace fo signing glennon and not employing wide receivers
  14. Ever heard of regression to the mean? Or sample size i guess A season is only 16 games.
  15. If they bring in mitch he'll get injured today
  16. http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mad-men.gif Just a bitter cards fan
  17. Well things are going well for the fire fox movement
  18. hey guys, it's the weekend. http://media3.giphy.com/media/G6jfGwscZ2Eh2/giphy.gif
  19. What do you mean by support? Like if I went to a white sox game and they were playing some random team and I cheered along with the home crowd and clapped for non-Frank Thomas efforts, was that bad?
×
×
  • Create New...