Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I think PFT's schtick has lost some of its luster but he's been entertaining. Big Cat, much less so.
  2. On one hand, he never should have joined. On the other hand, he was looking for his first real break into the biz as it was disintegrating. Being twitter famous and writing the occasional piece at SBNation? wasn't going to pay the bills. But big cat is just a jock sniffing douchebro. And even if you are doing a bit, at some point in the process, if all you do is act the douchebro to make fun of douchebros, you're being a douchebro. The comedian that plays the racist homophobe all day every day is eventually just hiding behind the label of comedian. At some point you have to come on the other side of the camera and make clear where you stand. Their audience is littered with the people they are making fun of, and those people don't view it as them being made fun of, because in their eyes they are being celebrated. Out of completely random curiosity, how did Colbert strike the balance? Well, he existed in the public eye before that show went big, he did interviews all the time and the way he went about it was beyond obvious. He also didn't work for a company that was openly exactly the same thing he was making fun of. If Colbert was doing the Colbert Show on Fox that would have been a different thing.
  3. On one hand, he never should have joined. On the other hand, he was looking for his first real break into the biz as it was disintegrating. Being twitter famous and writing the occasional piece at SBNation? wasn't going to pay the bills. But big cat is just a jock sniffing douchebro. And even if you are doing a bit, at some point in the process, if all you do is act the douchebro to make fun of douchebros, you're being a douchebro. The comedian that plays the racist homophobe all day every day is eventually just hiding behind the label of comedian. At some point you have to come on the other side of the camera and make clear where you stand. Their audience is littered with the people they are making fun of, and those people don't view it as them being made fun of, because in their eyes they are being celebrated.
  4. popping bottles
  5. Lackey signed a 2/32 deal at age 37, and that was 2 years ago. I'm not exactly over the moon about paying Chatwood in particular that money, but that is the going rate for FA SP with question marks, especially if it's not a long deal. FA SP with question marks but still a very good bet to throw 180+ innings. Lackey got paid to chomp down on innings. I don't know if that's the going rate for a guy who has never gone past 158.
  6. He retired in 2011, spent 4 seasons as an analyst and a full year as bench coach on a good team. And apparently worked as the PR's GM in the WBC, for whatever that is worth.
  7. Bench coach is a job with a bit of prestige, I'd be surprised if they moved Ross straight to it given he hasn't done any coaching before. If we're talking about outcomes that get Ross on the MLB staff, Borzello to bench coach and Ross to catching instructor makes the most sense to me. I dunno, the league has players being hired as managers now as their first coaching jobs...Ventura, Counsell, Ausmus.... Being a bench coach as your first coaching gig seems conservative in comparison. shitty organizations, sure.
  8. NO NO NO NO NO He's had 3 offseasons to build this team, and people are getting giddy over a team that managed to be 3-4 without scoring any points. It has not been in any way shape or form, fast.
  9. Others don't have to give him credit yet but I will. People didn't believe in him in November, at the draft and many now. I wanted Trubisky before the draft, I was happy they moved up for him and I'm happy they have him now over Watson. So in my world, Pace is a winner. If you're going to criticize or give credit you go by your own evaluation. I'm a believer in Trubisky, so I give Pace full credit for getting him. But whether you got him or Watson, show me how many guys in this board and in general wanted something like an Adams/Thomas/Allen/trade down coupled with a Kizer, Peterman, whoever dropped type in the second? I think you've got to give him credit for just taking a QB who by whatever evaluation looks like he will eventually be pretty good. I think it's crazy to just "give him credit" for taking a QB. He put together 2 horrible teams and 3 years in the team still has huge flaws. I'm not giving him credit until this team starts actually winning games.
  10. He could have kept Cutler and drafted Trubisky.
  11. I wouldn't call 3 years in, fast. Especially when they haven't improved the offense at all in that time. 3 drafts and 3 free agent seasons is plenty of time to make a unit above average. Its an adequate schedule, but its certainly not slow either. Pace and Fangino have methodically and expertly put it together. The worry is the offense lagging. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They've done fine with the defense, but it hasn't been fast, and they haven't kept pace with the offense.
  12. Yeah I was definitely not expecting the defensive turn around to be this fast, hopefully they don't go Angelo and wait till these guys are all past their prime to get an offense. I wouldn't call 3 years in, fast. Especially when they haven't improved the offense at all in that time. 3 drafts and 3 free agent seasons is plenty of time to make a unit above average.
  13. nah, it's not inappropriate for a coach to get a bigger gig announced with a different team before finishing up with his old team in the world series.
  14. hope we can poach the brewers minor league roving hitting instructor
  15. they actively antagonized the barstool hating portion of their audience, then pissed off the barstool adoring portion. This is a huge mess-up.
  16. not gonna lie, this does not trouble me in the least.
  17. [tweet]https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/922551573850591235[/tweet]
  18. [tweet] [/tweet]
  19. https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/922541014174306304
  20. https://twitter.com/RonFunches/status/922315372203831297
  21. Already down pretty far with division conference the breakers with 2 of our 3 wins against the AFC. 9-7 probably doesn't get the Bears in the playoffs if I had to take a guess. I know it's way too early but I think the Bears are only a game out of a Wild Card spot if the season ended today. I'm not sure how this is possible since every division has a 2nd place team at least 1 game over .500 while the Bears are 1 game below, and they're 1-4 against other NFC teams.
  22. This team is going to live and die by what happens with Mitchell going forward. If and when they move on from Fox, the next coaching hire should be centered around how that person will impact Trubisky's career. I doubt Fangio is that guy.
  23. he keeps sandberg's ego in check
  24. those crazy belgish are at it again
×
×
  • Create New...