Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. And more than one season has ended in April. I'll never understand why Cubs fans get so uptight when other Cubs fans start to panic after a horrible start to the season. The Yankees are 1/2 a game out of last place and just lost to those last place Devil Rays. Should we write them off too? Again, we're talking about the Cubs. The Yankees are 2 games under .500, but have a recent history of early struggles still ending up with 90+ win seasons. If the Cubs won 90+ for the past 10 years, I don't think I'd be very concerned about the start. But they are 5 games under .500, playing .368 ball, coming off a season when they played just .407 ball. So your comparison is worthless.
  2. And more than one season has ended in April. I'll never understand why Cubs fans get so uptight when other Cubs fans start to panic after a horrible start to the season.
  3. What do you mean? I mean, his offensive ability is unique at 2nd, same as center. As a LF, he's just another bat, nowhere close to deserving the type of contract he got. He's a 2nd rate star to begin with, now he's going to be playing the easiest to fill spot on the roster (taking away his value). Add this to the fact that he's clearly not a leadoff hitter, yet he's going to be leading off for the Cubs for the foreseeable future, and it becomes clear the Cubs are getting the least bang for their buck as possible. Obviously, that's par for the course with Hendry.
  4. He's simply not that valuable as a LF. This could really hurt whatever chance he had of living up to that contract.
  5. Fired? They're getting bonuses from the networks for mazimizing their potential ratings.
  6. Jets need DT help, and prefer the big boys stopping the run, as opposed to the quick guys who rush the QB. They take Paul Soliai from Utah. sorry for the delay, I've been away
  7. Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true. The Cubs lack of success is their own damn fault, quit with the excuses.
  8. Isn't that sad? Brings me back to the days of Coomer. All I hoped for when he was up with men on was a strikeout.
  9. How are you blacked out in Miss if they're in Chicago? He's drunk.
  10. I've got the over if we're getting technical. On the 6.5 or the 5.5? The 5.5 but 6.5 wouldn't surprise me. I think they beat the Heat and scare the Pistons. Well then why all the complaining about the line? :D Seems like the number was pretty good.
  11. I like it I don't. I don't like it. But given the crazy two day road trip, 2 flights in 48 hours, day game after night game, 8th game of 13 in a row combo, this makes some sense.
  12. Multiple issues Day game after night game. 1st day back after a road trip. 2nd flight in 2 nights. 2 day series screw with players' rest. Felix came up from Iowa on Tuesday, debuted in the majors. Flew to Atlanta and played twice, then flew back to Chicago 2 days later. He's had a whirlwind tour. Barret resting is only par for the course. I don't like the lineup. But it's not like it's a forfeit lineup.
  13. No. I think he'd be fine there for a couple years.
  14. I am so sick of this term. It became the vogue phrase this March, moreso than I've ever heard. Mike and Mike said it 50 times every morning.
  15. Too bad we couldn't have kept Prior in the minors for an extra 4 years. Or kept Baker out of Chicago for the past 4.
  16. You don't draft with the intent of trading. You draft knowing that you have the option of trading down the line if there truly is a positional logjam. Things change.
  17. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/H/rich-hill.shtml Oldish perhaps. But 27 isn't old at all when you're talking about a pitcher emerging as a reliable arm. Pitchers do tend to peak later than hitters. The Cubs probably could have had him in the majors and succeeding in 2005, and definitely 2006, if it wasn't for their silly usage patterns with him.
  18. If he sticks in the majors at this point, I believe he'll be arbitration eligible after next season (as a super-2?), and wouldn't be a free agent until after 2012. That means it's going to a take a long time for him to approach the $10m salary range. In other words, there's big time incentive for him to sign something before then. I think the Cubs should stronly consider signing him to a deal after this year that takes up all his arbitration years, 2008-2012 that would pay him something like: 2008- $0.75m 2009- $2.00m 2010- $5.00m 2011- $7.00m 2012- $10.00m club option with $0.25m buyout That would guarantee him $15m, probably well under what he'd make if he kept pitching well and hit arbitration every year, but it would secure his financial future and put him on the road to racking up the dough. The Cubs haven't been a team that does deals like this (San Diego, Arizona and others have). But I think it's a good way to keep cost certainty on your best and most likely to succeed young players.
  19. He wasn't given anything to do. Seriously, the people who were questioning him were wrong, on many levels. I just don't think it's worth going over this anymore. If you want to keep it going, I can't stop you.
  20. I've got the over if we're getting technical. On the 6.5 or the 5.5?
  21. Is that statement, "I like sticking out my chest more than I like winning baseball games."
×
×
  • Create New...