Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. They are 9-6 and have played a tough schedule. I think they are a lot closer to being 10-6 than 7-9.
  2. I was listening to the games on Sirius in the car yesterday and had the Cowboys broadcast team. When Spencer got called for grabbing the facemask the announcers said, "on the replay you can see he didn't actually grab it but he did brush by it, and you just can't get near a quarterback's helmet these days." http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1899g8uq6pwnsgif/original.gif
  3. Mannelly signed an extension through next year.
  4. Yes, that's what the thread right above this one is about. below
  5. Yes. They need to win to get a first round bye. A 49ers loss would also give them the bye, but they play at the same time as the Packers, so they can't count on that. Well that's cool. I wasn't sure what to root for while driving last night. The only thing I knew was Crabtree needed to get me some more points.
  6. I don't understand why people pretend it's hard to root for the Packers this weekend. They may be the most publicized rival, but The Vikings are hardly a friendly peer.
  7. do the packers have any real reason to try?
  8. I was tossing it in there because of the earlier assertions that Swisher would fit perfectly or that Jackson would make it all better. Except that nobody said Jackson would make it all better. No, you didn't say all better, you just said they'd be fine with Jackson in CF and Swisher in RF because Jackson is a very good defensive CF. But the whole GD point is Jackson isn't "very good" defensively and he has no business starting in CF this spring and that would leave DeJesus in CF, which reduces his defensive effectiveness and coupled with Soriano and Swisher on either side leaves a big hole.
  9. Okay, but roster decisions don't happen in such a vacuum.
  10. Michael Bourn may be, but I certainly don't see any scenario where both are signed. DeJesus would have to be traded, probably as well as one other relatively decent contract. Marmol?
  11. I was tossing it in there because of the earlier assertions that Swisher would fit perfectly or that Jackson would make it all better.
  12. Yeah, that's what I mean. If he could hit Soriano/Jackson/DeJesus would be a quality OF. But that other option would be shaky, which is why I don't think Swisher fits "perfectly" into this roster. Not that I'd hate to see him mixing and matching in the corner OF spots and filling in for Rizzo on occasion.
  13. Yes, Soriano/DeJesus/Swisher would be the OF and would be quite questionable. Wasn't even arguing the last part, but thanks for being you. I'm not sure what you mean by that, I wasn't "arguing" any part with you.
  14. Yes, Soriano/DeJesus/Swisher would be the OF and would be quite questionable.
  15. I know you get all worked up and all, and I won't disagree with you saying he shouldn't be counted on to start and I'm not saying he's very good offensively, but his defense has always been one of his strong suits. It's ok to admit that he sucks offensively but he's good defensively. He's never been described as a "very good" defensive CF. He's been described as a guy who should be able to play CF at the major league level, but running him out in center isn't going to make up for weaknesses on the corner. He can hold his own.
  16. Jackson? As in Brett? If you are worried about OF defense, yeah. He's a very good defensive CF. But again, this is hypothetical, since I'm not sure signing Swisher would be a great idea. He's not "very good", and he has no business starting at the major league level this spring. You should not build a roster with the expectation of Jackson manning CF on opening day.
  17. I don't think seeing much of Jackson is a given at all. And if the plan really is to play DeJesus in CF, I think defense becomes a real issue if you have Swisher in RF. Soriano/DeJesus/Swisher would not be good.
  18. Perfect? As what, a RF? RF, middle of the order power bat, sub for Rizzo at 1B, great OBP. That's going to leave a really sketchy OF defense.
  19. You know, I still haven't given up on my dream of having Marshall and Fitzgerald on the same team. Who cares about the line if that happens. yea. it would be fun watching them run down the field as Cutler is extricated from the earth. Nah, your blitzing options would be severely limited, or at least very exploitable. You could easily keep a 6th blocker in and then just have those 2 running wild with a RB for dump offs and another receiver trying to sneak out deep.
  20. You know, I still haven't given up on my dream of having Marshall and Fitzgerald on the same team. Who cares about the line if that happens.
  21. Oh goody, I was afraid the piety had started to go away.
  22. I have stated on multiple occasions that things are heading in the right direction but there was no reason to be so absurdly conservative with the timeframe for trying to make the major league team better. They did a crap job with the major league team last year and are doing better this year. I never insinuated, let alone stated, that the farm system was getting worse or the ship was heading in the wrong direction.
×
×
  • Create New...