Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Just because Young likely threw at Lee doesn't mean he's not a good pitcher and not the most worthy, out of the Last Ballot candidates, of being in the All-Star game. Z isn't saying that Young's a great guy. All Z is saying is that Young has outpitched Z this year. Which is true. As far as the rest of it, what you said later is probably correct - that he's not best buds with some of his teammates. I don't think it matters who goes to whose house for cake and punch. I also don't think we can know who likes who and who doesn't. and most impotantly, who gives a carp? Not me. Abuck has some unkown reason to hate Zambrano. Keep it, it is your bricks to carry. Enjoy the load.
  2. You get your wish. I'd like to see some All-State insurance runs here.
  3. damn him. damn him. Why don't they just dfa him?
  4. Come on Koyie. Do you think his mom was fond of goldfish?
  5. Maybe a stupid question but what is Chimay? Belgian style beer. It's very good and made by monks. Every cent goes to help the less fortunate. http://www.chimay.com/
  6. If Z can get out of this with only giving up 1 run I will be happy. Also, as a side note. I found a local wine store that sells Chimay. Big beautiful bottles of Chimay. 12 bucks though.
  7. I thought I read today that he is starting tommorow Excellent. Bruce said in another thread that Lou and the coaches are working hard with Felix to get him to improve mechanically before they start giving him regular PT again. Just like they fixed Murton? No, the opposite actually. Murton changed his mechanics over the winter, and the coaching staff wanted him to change back to what he was doing at the end of last year but Murton refused. I don't think that's true but, whatever. Pie's played pretty sporadically during his struggles. I like to call it The Murton Treatment. The Cubs always find a way to do the wrong thing no matter who is in charge. That info is from Murton's own quotes-what reason would he have to lie about that? As for Pie, I guess we'll have to wait to see what kind of adjustment they made to his swing before figuring out if it's good or bad. Bruce said it's some sort of toe tap, which might help him. Thats wrong. Murton said he never changed his mechanics, but Lou is saying he did. Murton said he didn't change his swing or his approach. He said he did change his stance, but denied that it was affecting his hitting at all. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070613cubsmoves,1,2566504.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines Whatever man. Drop it. Game thread. Stupid walks c'mon z
  8. 410 I believe Where are they building the new park? Z is looking good tonight, at least on gameday. I really have no idea about the new park. I only know it's 410 to CF because BB was talking about it earlier. RFK and ProPlayer are about the two worst "baseball" stadiums ever. I was wondering if they are going to build in Virginia or in DC. It would be great if the stadium were in DC with a view of the Washington Monument. just found that it going to be in DC. http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm I can't say I like it. I hate those bowls. No wind will circulate.
  9. 410 I believe Where are they building the new park? Z is looking good tonight, at least on gameday.
  10. I thought I read today that he is starting tommorow Excellent. Bruce said in another thread that Lou and the coaches are working hard with Felix to get him to improve mechanically before they start giving him regular PT again. Just like they fixed Murton? No, the opposite actually. Murton changed his mechanics over the winter, and the coaching staff wanted him to change back to what he was doing at the end of last year but Murton refused. I don't think that's true but, whatever. Pie's played pretty sporadically during his struggles. I like to call it The Murton Treatment. The Cubs always find a way to do the wrong thing no matter who is in charge.
  11. I thought I read today that he is starting tommorow Excellent. Bruce said in another thread that Lou and the coaches are working hard with Felix to get him to improve mechanically before they start giving him regular PT again. Just like they fixed Murton?
  12. Did Pie die or something? What a wasted opportunity.
  13. With a good bunt, it prevents a DP, and it provides Lee a chance to drive them in (Since they're IBB'ing him now) or Floyd in this case. The game can get 3-0 in a hurry. No, bunting is the right move just about never. Never. 3-0! See? :D I once stuck my hand down the garbage disposal to grab a quarter and didn't get my hand chopped up.
  14. exactly. and puts cliffy in the postion to GDIP
  15. 1. Koyie? 2. He has a .178 BA 3. He sucks on ice
  16. I really like Charlie Marbles. That one will stick.
  17. Wow. I did not know that. Well, I guess that's good news. Now they have to beat up on these weak teams.
  18. It's not about the fans, it's about the team. Every series is big becuase they suked ass so bad for most of the first half. If they go into the ASB less than .500 we shouldn't expect much for the rest of the year.
  19. I've been away for a week and was going to start a new thread, but I don't like to unless I see nothing that applies. Anyway, these two series coming up to the ASB are about as must win as it gets for the Cubs. They are playing two pretty bad teams and must take at least 2 out three in each to be considered "for real". Anything less and it just a 25 cent peep show. The Cubs have climbed out of a big hole. I hope they can stay out.
  20. But, but, he's got tools doesn't he?! :roll: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/Jeff-Samardzija.shtml Samardzija's college's numbers.
  21. During a game in which his team wins by way of extra-inning walk-off grand slam. I think Houston just experienced its baseball highpoint for the season. It's ironic that you made that post when the picture in your signature shows the Cubs high point.
  22. Samardjia (or whatever) important numbers aren't that much different than what they were in college. The difference is he's not in college. Perhaps he can learn to adjust and overcome. If he doesn't pan out he will be the best example of Hendry's tenure as GM. He's probably a great athlete but not a great baseball player.
×
×
  • Create New...