Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. I think the service time matters the most on whether they bring him up. I don't see it.
  2. Hopefully they come out rested because they're not playing the Royals and Pirates anymore. They looked great last night.
  3. So, do the Cubs come out of this layoff rusty or rested?
  4. Cubs hitters look like they’re just trying to get this game over with.
  5. It will be interesting to see how the Cubs do against teams with winning records, but at the very least we know that they are much, much better than the bad teams.
  6. That ball was demolished. There is like a 15 mph wind blowing in.
  7. Against a good team Lester would’ve given up 5-6 runs before getting yanked.
  8. There is nothing awesome about wearing a suit, ever. And I agree that no one should be forced to wear them.
  9. I like that the AI corrects Almora to almost.
  10. Mets can’t find Yoenis...
  11. Filthy movement on Chattwood’s putches
  12. Goony reads a lot of NY Post/Daily News.
  13. "Everyone else" made their own rules. No one consulted ND on whether to join conferences en masse in the 80s and 90s for TV money (ironic considering the common complaints about ND) and add $40 million conference championship games, and change the rules for who could have conference championship games as the Big 12 did. Nor should they have, because it was none of their business, just like it's none of the conferences' business what ND does. And "the system" "capitulates" because ND makes everyone a lot more money when they "capitulate". This is a steamy post.
  14. I completely forgot Dusty Baker was managing the Astros, lol. I think a few seasons with Baker should be enough penance.
  15. Nice post. I am not able to read the whole article here but am just going off the excerpt. It seems like what the author is expecting as far as a direct action plan to address systemic racism in MLB isn't realistic/doesn't have much precedence in sports. Does the article have detail about what the MLB should be doing instead? On the surface, this feels a lot like the "disorganization" critiques of the Occupy movement. I'd love to be educated/proven wrong ...the article is free for everyone who signs up for basic membership at Baseball Prospectus. Another good excerpt from the article: [tweet] [/tweet] I think expecting MLB to reform itself is a losing bet. IMO, there will have to be some type of an organized revolt among nonwhite players. But, given these guys are always worried about staying in the league, that's going to be a difficult proposition. The example is Kap in football (out of football), must be weighing heavily on them all.
×
×
  • Create New...