They got PCA for Baez last year. If that's the case I hope they don't trade Willson. PCA had played 6 professional games in A ball and then suffered a season ending injury, his value in July was far more equivalent to Vientos than Alvarez. But yes, I'm increasingly convinced the way forward here is extending Willson(as if 'keep the good player' needed a sales job) and probably trading Happ. I understand the concept of trading a player that they are unlikely to sign to an extension. I don't understand why they would want to trade Wilson and not get an adequate return. This is especially the case related to the value he has to the team, his positional value relative to his peers, and the Cubs positional need. I really cannot understand why they aren't going out of their way to extend him. I don't think the answer is PTR. But I don't know the baseball reasons.