I don't think Pinango gets enough love. His ISO has literally doubled and while it's not amazing, he's putting up a 114 wRC+ at A+ in his age 20 season. I don't know that he has any star power, but I could see him as good 4th OFer type or a a cheap 3rd OFer putting up 2-2.5fWAR seasons. If it carries over to AA this season, I think he has to be in the top 15. He's a great trade candidate for when the Cubs start buying.
Well put. More to the point, if that's all you can get for Happ while he's at peak value, he's of more value to the current and future Cubs than what you can get for him. To me, at least, it makes little sense to trade him.
That is not at all what I expected that dude to look like. With a name like that, he's exactly what I expected him to look like the first time I saw him. He's kind of shaped like a bowling pin. Wide hips, narrow shoulders.
This game starts past my bed time but I feel like we owe it to Fred’s memory to have a thread for every game. Tough assignment for the Cubs, the Dodgers are a legitimately good team, as opposed to a fake good team like the Brewers and Cardinals.
I can't find the tweet, but twitter baseball seems to think Happ will be shopped. I really don't understand this organization's philosophy at all. They are behaving like a small market team. I would assume Happ has more value to the Cubs than they can get in any trade due to his positional limitations. I guess seller's market is the reason.