Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Old-Timey Member
Posted
38 minutes ago, mk49 said:

Excluding the 1st half of 2025, Boyd wasn't that good (ERA, xERA, FIP and xFIP all over 4.10).  He's definitely not worth $23m, IMO.  I'm hoping they will sign Peterson for 3yr/$39m.  More than likely, he'll pitch better than Boyd.  Peralta might take a shorter deal, because he basically sucked this year, except for Sep and the playoffs (so far).  Who knows what we'll get?  We might be surprised, disappointed or both.😄  Heck, if Shota accepts 2yr/$30m (highly unlikely), I'd take it.

 

There are actually a lot of pitchers they can sign. I feel the pitchers market is pretty good. I can see them getting at least 2 starters and maybe 3. With at least one being in that higher end range. $24M-$27M a year, 5 years. Peterson for what you suggested, it about where I am with him. That would be fine. 

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old-Timey Member
Posted
3 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

There are actually a lot of pitchers they can sign. I feel the pitchers market is pretty good. I can see them getting at least 2 starters and maybe 3. With at least one being in that higher end range. $24M-$27M a year, 5 years. Peterson for what you suggested, it about where I am with him. That would be fine. 

Yeah, I think we need 3.  In addition to re-signing Peterson, I want one of King, Peralta, Taira or Holmes.  Then, trade for one more SP.  We just have too many wild cards, like Steele, Brown, Cabrera, Garrett...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...