Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. 6'3 and 210, played SS my whole life. Good range, above avg. arm, gap to gap (warning track) power. Hide me down in the order cause I ain't taking any walks (this is a Cubs related team, right?). I'm sure I've lost a step (or 10), so 3rd might be more appropriate when our 6 other 3B need a day off. I could probably give an inning once or twice a week in relief until my arm falls off.
  2. Beatles by a wide margin. The difference in their work, creatively, from Meet the Beatles, Hard Day's Night, etc to the White Album and Abbey Road (etc.) is staggering. All this in less than a decade.
  3. So, you cut your daily posts by a good percentage from last year, but still are able to lead the board in puns. That's clutch! :D There is no such thing as clutch. I'm not worried about Pie's progression because he'd be in the majors as much as that he'd be hitting at the top of the order. If there was a lesson to be learned from the Patterson experiment it's that guys with little plate discipline don't magically learn it by being put in front of the run producers. IF Felix was going to be brought up, I'd much rather have the luxury of dropping him in the order until he's comfortable, ie Murton and Cedeno. Unfortunately, if he was called on it would almost cerainly be out of necessity and we would need him to produce. Hopefully Pierre will turn it around and Felix can stay at AAA until September.
  4. Awesome. Agreed. It's always better to keep beating a dead horse in order to continue ridiculing another poster.
  5. Neifi sucks, he's always sucked, and he'll continue to suck. Everyone knows this, so why boo? He's signed to be a backup. Most people were disappointed with Jones before he ever played a game, but he's counted on to be a productive, middle of the order hitter. That's why people boo him. I think this "common fan" stuff is rubbish. It is, after all, a game, not splitting the atom. Also, Tony Bautista is in the ugliest swing conversation.
  6. It would be really cool if they'd stop walking people now.
  7. Anyone else really appreciating the fact that this time last year this would be Macias at the plate? Or Burnitz. Which is worse?
  8. The office TV is quite possibly the best idea I've ever had.
  9. Yes. That's true. Yup ...and cut your hair too! and pull yer damn pants up. what's the point of wearing the belt anyway? Get a job. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know.
  10. Unless there is a trade in the works involving Williams. I'm not saying it's likely or that I'd agree with it, but it is another possibility.
  11. Group A: David Ortiz Group B: Adam Dunn, Ryan Howard Group C: Lance Berkman, Jason Bay, Carlos Delgado Group D: Jhonny Peralta, Michael Young, Matt Murton, Todd Helton Bonus: Jim Thome
  12. Triple his $600k/year? That is flat out [expletive]. Agreed.
  13. The Mark Few Bandwagon gained a little steam today. I'm still not sure he's the guy for the job. Winning at Gonzaga is a little different from winning in the Big Ten- just ask Dan Monson. I also seriously doubt he'd leave the Northwest. It should be an interesting couple of weeks with new fuel on the fire almost daily.[/url]
  14. I agree about Few, but not so sure about Calipari and Majerus. I'd bet on Calipari before Majerus, though.
  15. It sounds like Alford is not likely to get an interview. With this in mind, who will be the man? The top candidates are listed, but outside the box thinking is welcome. I think I like Turgeon. His background is strong, he's recruited the midwest, and all his teams seem to improve yearly. I also like Mike Montgomery as a darkhorse.
  16. WHO, WHO, WHO...HOOSIERS!! Agreed. Good offense and terrible defense. Gonzaga also plays some poor defense so it should be interesting. Earl was great and Vaden gutted out a great performance considering his physical limitations. Strickland with the HUGE defensive play at the end. Killingsworth was killing me with some of those misses underneath. Good win. I wonder how Vaden's ankle is going to react and how serious Strickland's shoulder injury is. Also, make free throws, please. Yeah, Killer has had trouble point blank recently. He's getting position, getting the touches, just not putting it in the hoop. He would be a lot better if he could go to his right hand also. I don't know how we are gonna matchup with Morrison. I think Killer can get Batista into foul trouble, though. I say let Morrison get his, and don't let guys like Raivio beat you. I don't know if I just let Morrison go off. Wilmont has been playing really well lately, and although he is at a significant height disadvantage, could give Morisson some trouble. He won't shut him down, but he could definitely make him work. I also like Ratliff and his long arms and extra fouls in a rotation. In the end it comes down to knocking down outside shots. It always does with this team.
  17. Yeah, we can't have any injuries around here.
  18. Williams has looked a bit shaky (11 H in 5 IP with 1 BB and 0 K) so far. Let's hope it's just rust and he starts to come around today.
  19. Fernando? Round robin in each pool. Two wins advances to the next round.
  20. 18) MLB is considering contracting 4 teams. If we can get it done this year, and all 4 come from the NL Central, we're guaranteed no worse than 2nd.
  21. agreed. The white guy at the end of the bench the last 2 or 3 years has the same winning % as Brown. So what? are you kidding me? the fact that brown has been the team leader for 4 years (and no, to folks who don't know much about the illini but seem to think they do, deron wasn't ever the leader), playing a majority of the minutes and often dictating the pace of the games means nothing? i guess to you he's about as responsible for the team wins as some walk-on, though. hating. If Dee had been surrounded by different players throughout his career, his Win column total would probably be different. I don't care if he controls tempo, refills the water bottles, and presses Weber's orange blazer before every game--wins can't be attributed to Dee (or any single player.) And for the record, while I hate the Illini, I like Dee Brown. I think he's a very good college player. it's that way with every college player and team, but to assert that some walk-on at the end of the bench is as responsible for the team's victories as dee is absolutely ridiculous. why is it so hard to agree with me on this one? what on earth would cause you to hate the illini? Besides their fans' paranoia and inferiority complex? :P
  22. First sign of Spring, no? It's not the end of the world, and I agree with those who weren't expecting anything out of him until July. It's just that they string you along... he's looking great... Miller's throwing... Zambrano is in midseason form... Prior hasn't been hit by an asteroid... and then- reality. This is funny if not so typical.
  23. Brad Lidge is filthy. Definitely Goliath.
×
×
  • Create New...