Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. That is a stolen win. Nice to be on the right side of this type of game.
  2. Does Ben get the 7th? Not if the Cubs score, he won't.
  3. The craziest ones were on a chopper just past the pitchers mound that Dunston would come sprinting in and fire a rocket to 1B from about 60 feet.
  4. Is this guy coming out to pitch the 6th? He's at 95 pitches already.
  5. Only 4 games, but Luzardo has been anything but good so far.
  6. If Seiya is shut down for a bit, it'll be interesting to see if Counsell goes with Canario in RF or if he goes with the veteran (Tauchmann or Cooper). Pretty obvious what Rossy would do.
  7. There wasn't anyone on base.
  8. Kylan Boswell, formerly of the Arizona Wildcats, has transferred to the Illini. Good pick up for U of I. Tough loss for 'zona. 😒
  9. Seems like Assad hasn't really gotten much respect based on his results thus far. Is it because of his metrics & pitch composition? He just seems to get hitters out and not give up a lot of runs. That's kinda ideal for a pitcher, right?
  10. As a Packers fan, I'll be thrilled if the Vikings trade up (and give up a haul) for JJ McCarthy. I just don't see his game translating at the NFL level.
  11. As mentioned, it's all about keeping the NFL in news. After the SB, they have free agency and the big "lead up" to the combines. Then they take a pause for March Madness and the start of baseball. Then they have the Draft. Then a couple of mnicamps. Next thing you know, it's July and 24/7 NFL for nearly 8 months.
  12. Jackson Ferris - 2 starts in A+ Ball: 6.1 innings, 7/9 K/BB, 7.11 ERA, .261 AVG Against
  13. Upon further review....I think you are correct.
  14. Wrong thread topic.
  15. There was a time in my life where I said I would never pay to watch my sports teams. That was a long, long time ago. I have MLB TV since I'm out of the Chicago market. To me, it's a steal at $95/year (using the MLBPAA discount) to see any game outside my market. From what I've read, this will include the Apple TV games.
  16. Hatches? And Batches? And Snatches? Oh my.
  17. Shocker. It’s sunny, blue sky, about 75 degrees, and a light breeze out to RF (although the LF flags seem to swirl). Different vantage point for today’s game. About 100 feet past 3B, five rows back. Think I’m in good foul ball range but just enough behind Meeting to NOT have to worry about screaming liners. Hoping for good Kyle and even better lineup results. #WhyNotUs!!!!
  18. Couple observations from being at the game: -Petco is really nice, good atmosphere outside of the outfield area (Tony Gwynn hill, beer garden, etc) and visually appealing inside -BP was great (see above). Funny after watching Morel’s moonshots, but Nicky 3-bag struggles to hit fly balls medium deep. He’s the epitome of Slappy McSlapster if he’s gonna be useful offensively. -Little spent a lot of time in Left Center shagging balls (away from me). Also spent time bantering over there with fans, tossing them balls, etc. He signed quite a few autographs after BP. Everyone else paid virtually no attention to anyone in the outfield stands. -Also of note, Gomes was hitting everything in BP to CF and RF/RC. -Cody’s laser to 3b for the assist was unreal. As I was in LF bleachers, I saw the entire throw left to right. As soon as it left his hand, I knew the runner had no shot. Would’ve love to have had a gun measuring that throw. -Crowd was remarkably quiet most of the game; home team fans didn’t show a lot of energy. Lots of Cubs fans. 7th inning stretch was fun as you could definitely hear “Root, Root, Root for the CUBBIES……” Fun game all around and looking to get back at it tomorrow afternoon. Sitting down LF line just past third base..
  19. A couple came very close but no dice. It’s amazing how they come flying into the stands like screaming missiles. I honestly have no idea how multiple people don’t end up in the hospital trying to catch those.
  20. The GS was exactly like the bombs in batting practice. He was definitely locked in in the cage and it did carry over. Thing of beauty from my vantage point.
×
×
  • Create New...