I believe the issue is how and when guaranteed money is paid. For example, a signing bonus of x amount could be made in installments versus all at once, etc.
83
That's the number of hits the Cubs have in their past 8 games (which includes a game of only 5 hits).
43
That's the runs they've scored in their last 8 games (including being shutout once), an average of almost 5 1/2 runs per game.
13
The number of runs the pitching staff has allowed, which includes 7 in one game. That's just over 1 1/2 runs per game.
And all that leads to a record in their last 8 of:
7-1
How ‘bout some mad props for former Cubs coach Brandon Hyde. Things started off really shaky in Baltimore as the Orioles lost 108 games in his first season as manager. After the abbreviated Covid season, his team lost 110 games in 2021. But he fianally righted the ship with 83 wins in ‘02 and the over 100 wins last year. And they’re on pace again for 100+ this year.
Kudos to you, Mr. Hyde!!!
Cubs since the start of this thread playing .333 ball, record of a robust 14-28.
Cards 25-15 in same time period, about to go 26-15.
The Cardinals aren’t leading the division, but their earlier demise has been greatly exaggerated,.
I think in my very long life, I’ve seen catcher interference like twice at the big league level. What is this, Amaya’s 4th horsefeathers time this season.
I am not well-versed enough in most of these "new" stats, but I did look at these numbers in BS. And as a team, the Cubs are second worst/unlucky in xBA and xSLG, and third worst in xwOBA. These numbers have to get better, right?