Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. So apparently this guy Rea pitched briefly for the Cubs in late 2020. Not great results for the Northsiders. So it makes sense that he'll most likely go 6+ giving up 1 single run or less.
  2. Should be pretty obvious the Vaunteds will get the series win.
  3. Regarding the 10 days rest, I'll throw out a few cliches: "It's a marathon, not a sprint" and "Okay to lose the battle if you win the war.". Dumb, I know, but he wasn't going to carry a sub-1 ERA the whole season. All starters have a blow up game or two (or more) every season. I'd rather he get an extra rest now and take a beat down if he means he's fresh later in the season. Was 10 days a bit much? Maybe. Could they have pushed him back a few days instead of skipping his start? Perhaps. But there's still a lot of baseball to play (pitch) in the season.
  4. I’m so tempted to just turn the game off right now and then check NSBB game thread in about 20 minutes.
  5. Actually think it might’ve stayed in the park.
  6. Best I can tell from looking at MLB.TV Help Center is that the game SHOULD be available in Arizona. Here's a link to their page: MLB.TV Help Center If you scroll to the second grid, it lists Regular Season Games (FOX) as "All OOM * games available (standard HTT** blackouts apply)". So I read that as the only game not available would be the AZ/Miami which overlaps in time.
  7. Congrats Luke Little on your 1st MLB Victory!!!!
  8. Coming to this game thread late, but it appears this current iteration of the Cubs is unable to hit fastballs over 95 and curveballs apparently.
  9. Somebody had to take Adbert's role - up by a bunch or down by a bunch.
  10. Can Vasquez play 3B? If not, does that mean the Cubs are good with Morel staying in the game and no late-inning replacement?
  11. I find it pretty mind boggling that Tiger Woods, given his age and physical ailments, thinks he can be competitive in Majors by playing mostly just Majors, save a warm up tournament a few weeks before on occasion. He’s trying to compete against the world’s very best on some of the most difficult courses/greens/conditions without much “real” preparation. The second greatest golfer of all time is quite the shell of himself for awhile now.
  12. Too bad he didn’t follow that non-HR call with - “I don’t know if I’m gonna be putting on this headset again.”
  13. Neither is really hitting anyone yet this season. So I think letting them face a pitcher they've each seen less than a week ago is not a bad move.
  14. I think the Cubs hitters will fare at least a little better facing these two rookie pitchers for the second time in a week.
  15. If a batter bunts right back to the mound, is it even possible for Little to make a play?.
  16. Seiya doesn’t have much to show statistically since coming back from IL, but he’s really been hitting the ball hard.. Lots of really hard/long outs.
  17. Looked like Belli hesitated just briefly thinking in was a line drive possibly catchable.
  18. Best thing about that Mastro walk was Nicky Bloops won’t lead off in the second inning.
×
×
  • Create New...