Makes sense
I wonder if Craig finally started considering who's pitching and who's catching. Boyd and Shota are better with Amaya, and Assad is better with Kelly. And, the difference isn't small, like 3+ ERA.
That was last year. Shota pitched great against the real Yankees. Kelly was catching that game.😁
Probably, Assad will be fine, as long as Kelly is the catcher (1.86 ERA this year).
Shota will probably sign a 2~3 year deal somewhere else, unless he really wants to stay. If the Cubs offer him a 2yr deal, he'd probably stay. I don't think the Cubs will do it, though.
I was just checking Dansby's stats. Since his BA hit the rock bottom (.175) on June 16th, he has the 3rd best fWAR (PCA, Valdez, then Dansby). Very nice.
as long as, Nico and Bregman hit, like they should. I'm OK with either Detmers or Hancock. We need someone like that. Plus, like you said, someone like last year's Kittredge.