Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Illiterate Scholar

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    586
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Illiterate Scholar

  1. Nice job, way to clinch a winning west coast trip. I'll be ready to fire Hoyer and Counsell if they lose tomorrow
  2. the offense better score a lot of runs again but also if they do, it doesn't count or something like that
  3. This is a game thread. We expect aggressive baserunning but will not accept any outs. This goes for both the runners and 3rd base coach.
  4. Kelly hit that hard enough where I thought it'd be close lol
  5. Nice of Kipnis to wear his best hoodie for the pre and post tonight
  6. I do take Nico for granted sometimes. Guy just puts up 4 win seasons consistently
  7. I mean if the medical staff caught it in June, I don't know that they're to blame. I know it can be frustrating to watch, but I will say that in terms building player relationships and having a good reputation around the league for stuff like that, when contemplating putting an everyday player on the IL (to say nothing of a player of Tucker's caliber), clearly there's more to it than a team just saying "You're going on the IL. The end."
  8. Suarez has a .454 *OPS* with the Mariners. Not trading for him saved the season
  9. I know it's become common to sarcastically reference only after losses, but the playoff odds are still quite good!
  10. Good game. Wrigley made that closer than it deserved to be.
  11. Statcast also wasn't prepared for that one. Didn't even register.
  12. That Happ double was pulled at 105 mph, 23 degrees. Kind of ridiculous that it stayed in to begin with
  13. The aggressive sends that work tend to go unnoticed
  14. I do feel like it's worth mentioning that since opening day, the Cubs have the second best record in baseball.
  15. I can't believe umpires reward Contreras as much as they do. The glove moves so much when he's framing.
  16. Seiya had a baserunning mishap earlier but that was a thing of beauty. Great job
  17. I'm guessing he'll go back out there to at least face Bellinger but a REALLY good outing by Shota. I know results haven't been an issue but this felt more like the 2024 version of him.
  18. I think Stanton's homerun is now the 4th longest fly ball and 9th hardest hit ball of the game so far
  19. The situation did not call for a walk with a 5 run lead
×
×
  • Create New...