Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Illiterate Scholar

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    586
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Illiterate Scholar

  1. With Nico's status potentially in doubt to start the year, I'll predict Brandon Lowe will be a Cub. He makes sense even if Nico were perfectly healthy, but this adds to it. That said, it would 100% have to come via trade which we could obviously do.
  2. Brett pointed this out in his article but in the Cubs' press release of Ballesteros winning the org's minor league POY, he's listed as 19 years old. That's in all likelihood just a typo right? Or is it possible his listed birthday is wrong?
  3. I'm not super surprised Hoyer seemed to indicate he expects Bellinger to opt out but interesting nonetheless. I've actually come around to hoping he doesn't, as I think he's likely to have a better overall 2025 than his replacement, whether that person is a RF or DH.
  4. Everyone's favorite 4+ win shortstop doing it all!
  5. Jesus, get a grip Phlly fans with all the booing
  6. I didn't mind Ross, and I don't think our current record would be much different if he were still the manager. However, I do think we'll look back and think the biggest benefit of having Counsell this year was his handling of PCA's playing time, as I have serious doubts Ross would've stuck with him when he was at that 65 wRC+ mark, even with limited options. It would've been a lot more Tauchman (who I still like as a 4th outfielder)
  7. If Bellinger opts out, and maybe even if he doesn't, Rooker feels like a target. He has team control and a skillset we need. I know they weren't real eager to move him at the deadline, but I imagine they'd still listen on a 30 year old DH-only
  8. It was weak contact and a fly ball that PCA catches in literally every single stadium other than Wrigley. Taillon wasn't missing bats. It wasn't a bad move to put in Lopez. This is just getting baseballed at the worst time.
  9. HR in 1/30 parks scores 3. HR in 12/30 parks is out #2. Baseball can sure be frustrating
  10. It is fun having a catcher who can really throw again
  11. lol, these young hitters are used to AAA umpires who are forced to know the actual zone with the challenge system. Quite an adjustment with having Laz Diaz back there
  12. Nice play, but when you're -7 DRS and -22 OOA over the past two seasons, Rawlings should take back the gold patch
  13. I'm so horsefeathers tired of these umpires. That's slider moving away, how does that fool you that much as a 22 year MLB veteran umpire. horsefeathers
  14. I'm gonna guess the explanation is Counsell liked Merryweather vs the lefties. That probably would've been a Leiter inning
  15. Cub hitters have been absolutely smoking the ball thru 5.
  16. JD and Boog honoring Stone with that slider call
  17. Good fundamentals by Lopez to check left field before throwing to first
  18. By every statistical measure we have available in 2024, yes
  19. PCA is gonna hit a ton of triples in that deep RF corner. Credit to Counsell for sticking with him, he's looked really good lately
×
×
  • Create New...