Jump to content
North Side Baseball

I owned a Suzuki

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    482
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by I owned a Suzuki

  1. Probably the only way to fix it is make the letter of intent day earlier and make them much more binding. I am guessing the portal is when it is because of educational reasons. Hard to move that
  2. Bold move trying to coach the playoffs. I think Ole Miss may get my rooting interest.
  3. I understand that College Football is a slimy business, but this Lane Kiffon drama reads even worse than most slimy college football business https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lane-kiffin-live-updates-ole-miss-lsu-decision-analysis/live/
  4. Ultimately I am for the CFP. Really my thing is I get tired of the debates about which borderline team should be in. I have a problem with anyone saying team X got screwed. Were they possibly more deserving? Maybe. But your 2 or 3 losses make it hard for me to say it was an outrage. Of course since Michigan St is so far away from it, my excitement level is probably not that great.
  5. Yeah....their 2 decades of "dominance" is mostly on the backs of 2 programs. I get Auburn and LSU had their moments. But move Alabama and Georgia to the ACC and they would be the conference with 2 decades of dominance
  6. SEC tribalism is weird.
  7. I think one of the biggest flaws of the 12 team playoff is that we are going to debate if a 3 loss Texas should get in over a 3 loss Alabama or a 2 loss Vanderbilt or a 2 loss Utah. A 2 loss OSU won last year. Heck losing to Michigan may have done them good. Point being it is really diluting regular season games. I get that expanding playoffs does dilute regular season, no way around it. I also get that it probably really benefitted a program like Indiana. I just get grumpy about arguing which 2 or 3 loss team should get in.
  8. I watched a lot of last night's game. I am not sure they missed a 2 point shot all night(being sarcastic) plus shot about 50% from 3. Don't think that's sustainable, but it really seemed like they were consistently getting quality shots
  9. Its probably the best game of the weekend. I think Michigan's run against OSU ends this year, and I dont think its going to be that competitive. I really think the A&M/Texas game is going to be really good.
  10. Filling the Stadium up on Saturdays with paying customers is huge also. I am somewhat surprised Beillima hasn't come up in some of these coaching searches.
  11. I think Navy or James Madison getting in is going to cause a stir. The 5 automatic bids to conference champions should at least be ranked in the top 20
  12. Their offense is very inconsistent. I still wouldnt be surprised if they beat OSU
  13. I think Mattingly ultimately just can be lumped in with a bunch of other 1b. I understand the injuries, but longevity is part of it. He was only top 5 in the league in WAR 1 time. Never won a WS, heck did the Yankees ever even win the division when he played? There are more 1B with higher WAR and JAWS not in the Hall, than ones with less that are in. Honestly this would absolutely be him getting in for being a Yankee
  14. 16 B1G members want more money even if Mich, OSU and PSU get more USC wants more money as long as its split equally Michigan seems to be saying its a short term boondoggle that will not be great in the long term. Sounds like they want a bigger split. From an educational point of view, all students will learn a lot about real world money grabbing
  15. OKC seems to be more about quantity of picks than quality. To your point,I think the globalization of the game has made drafting way more complicated, so quality players who need developing can be had later.
  16. I have a hard time seeing Shota and his agents thinking he will be more valuable next off season. I think they would decline a QO
  17. I dont know if it was mentioned at the time....Johnson calling TO before Cincinnati scored was bigger than it appeared. I have seen coaches show way too much "Faith" in their defense in those situation
  18. I bet she likes money as much as I do
  19. That on side kick was kind of flukey. Dude was doing what he was supposed to do, the kick sucking obviously was not on his radar
  20. RUSH 5.....dont give me time
  21. I looked at it more today. Ga Tech upsetting Georgia could easily lead to them getting a 2nd team. As long as Georgia beats Texas.
  22. Really, except for being doubled off last night, what were these worst things? Not getting a hit? If that's your answer, just keep it. We will just agree to disagree what choke really means.
  23. They lost an extremely competitive game to a really good team. Thats not choking, even if they had a 3 run lead after 3. It was never a blow out, they didn't make any errors or mental mistakes. They just lost a game to a really good team.
  24. I completely agree...but they didn't choke. They didn't go 5 over par with a 4 stroke lead with 4 holes to play. They were up 3 runs in the 3rd. The Dodgers chipped away. The Blue Jays didn't make any dumb plays, they actually made several really nice plays. They didn't choke, they lost an extremely competitive game to a really good team.
  25. Choke is a way over used term. It is definitely being over used here
×
×
  • Create New...