Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. That's great news! :D And that's a great sig.
  2. =; This thread is staying alive until 2010.
  3. Yeah, I was the same way.
  4. I don't trust the score. They are anti-Cubs bigots. They're worse if you live in Chicago. I would never trade with the Score unless I could fleece them.
  5. I'd put Gallagher ahead of Veal in Daytona because I don't Veal has enough IP there. Same for Gallagher not having enough IP at West Tenn. And I'd rate Veal's performance over Atkins' at Peoria. Don't forget Pina out in Boise.
  6. Sounds like Z is cleared to go on Friday. Mesa getting blown away in the 8th, 8-1. All 8 Angels runs came in the 6th, after Parker was gone with 5 strong innings. Castillo gave up 6 ER and got one out in the 6th, Holdzkom got the final 2 outs of the inning but gave up 2 unearned runs. Mesa got their run in the 2nd thanks to a Luther Murphy walk, a wild pitch and a Marwin Gonzalez RBI single. Drew Rundle is 0 for 3 with 3 strikeouts and now 1/13 in his brief professional career (.077/.333/.077, 4 BBs/10 Ks).
  7. Probable Starters: West Tenn: ?? Daytona: LHP Carlos Perez (1-5, 5.34 ERA, 64 IP, 47/37, 1.86 WHIP) Peoria: RHP Todd Blackford (8-2, 3.68 ERA, 95.1 IP, 42/41, 1.38 WHIP) Boise: RHP Jeff Samardzija (0-1, 3.00 ERA, 9 IP, 6/2, 4 HBP, 1.22 WHIP) Mesa: RHP Julio Castillo (0-2, 11.47 ERA, 9.2 IP, 3/7, 2.58 WHIP)* * All Mesa starters that I list should be taken with a grain of salt since they shuffle their starters and relievers back and forth so much.
  8. :pats self on back: The relievers, ok. The hitters weren't that fun to look at. :( Hill is the clear cut winner here. I think the battle for second is more interesting. I think Veal has had the second best season and Wells the third. I like Hill, and I still think he will be dealt, but IMO, considering the lack of hype, and "prototype" stuff, I actually like Gallagher's season better then Wells and Veal. Veal and Wells has the stuff, so there numbers are not really all that surprising. Now in comparasion that his stuff, Gallagher simply gets it done, he keeps pitching and pitching, and defying the logics. I would give Gallagher my first half award....with Veal, Wells, and Hill in that order. Uhh, Gallagher has better stuff than Wells. Gallagher has more (better) pitches than Veal. And Hill has the best stats - the question was who was the best pitcher was in the first half, I didn't take into account age, league, stuff - just who had the best first half.
  9. Now Harvey in the "Not-So-Hot" list: Rough year for Cubs hitting prospects... Veal gives up a run and is off the Hot Sheet. :(
  10. Actually, Pedro is a year younger than Trachsel at 34. I'm incredibly curious about Pelfrey, who they just called up. He was probably the top pitching prospect in the minors who had never seen the majors after Billingsley made it to the show. Homer > Pelfrey.
  11. Disappointing about Pena. Atlanta got catcher Ryohei Shimabukuro (16, Japan) and RHP Chen-En Hung (Taiwan). I had already mentioned the Indians' signing out of Taiwan, though BA lists his name in the opposite order of what I had (Tseng Sung Wei is how BA has it). The Indians also signed shortstop Jason Smit ($350,000 bonus, Australia). Smit was ranked 10th on that ESPN link in the original post in this thread. Shimabukuro is an interesting story:
  12. :pats self on back: The relievers, ok. The hitters weren't that fun to look at. :( Hill is the clear cut winner here. I think the battle for second is more interesting. I think Veal has had the second best season and Wells the third.
  13. Oh, I stopped reading after the LB comments.
  14. A sig of THE DON is awesome, but Notorious' avatar wins out in the battle of avatars. Gotta represent the AC. Definitely. My new avatar is pretty pimp.
  15. This is why I wanted to send Neifi to the ASG instead. :x
  16. Well, the first time will be just that - the first time a Bear drilled any Ram. We usually just juke the Bears plodding linebackers and watch them tumble like Jenga blocks. It's good times. :D I gotta admit, the Rams under Martz were soft, but they were the greatest offense ever assembled - so it worked for them. Two trips to the Super Bowl in three years says something. Football is not all brute force of course, strategy wins. The Colts are softer though - hands down. Besides, the Rams are entering a new era and the dive to the turf to avoid the hit Rams are history now. Steven Jackson make it so. BTW, I hope I am not being viewed as trolling here, that's not my intentions. If I were I would just say Faulk > Payton but I am not that dumb. :wink: Wow, I've never heard anyone refer to Briggs or Urlacher as plodding.
  17. Certainly would have been cooler if Glaus had the go-ahead hit instead of Young.
  18. Highlights - McCarver calling Brad Penny's fastball 'boring' and then Penny goes out and strikes out the side to start the game with 97-98mph fastballs. - some pretty good pitching all around When he said "Boring", he was calling it a drilling fastball. For example, one can "bore" a hole into the wall or in this case into the catcher's mitt. He was praising Penny's fastball. Yeah. And I just want to point out Troy Glaus went to UCLA. He's pimp.
  19. A sig of THE DON is awesome, but Notorious' avatar wins out in the battle of avatars.
  20. Haven't seen any of the game (just got in), but I'm willing to bet John Legend has been the best part of the whole game.
  21. Shortest minor league thread ever?
  22. I edited my post quite a bit before you replied because I didn't want to egt into a big debate on this. Zidane is Muslim. By brown-skinned people, I mean people who aren't Muslim but are still targeted as "terrorists" for their skin color (like me). Did the derogatory name include connotations that MJ had killed thousands of innocent people? Zidane shouldn't have lost his cool in the situation, but I have a tough time thinking there's a derogatory name equivalent to "terrorist" in Western society, given its ramifications. Some of the people in this thread seem to dismiss the impact of that word. Don't forget that Zidane is Algerian and the second-class treatment they get in parts of Europe.
  23. I'll just say I agree with Truffle and I hope Materazzi meets a real terrorist.
×
×
  • Create New...