Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Probable Starter: Mesa: RHP Oscar Bernard (0-2, 4.50 ERA, 8 IP, 4/1, 1.75 WHIP)
  2. From what I've heard, his FB jumped up a few notches and is consistently in the 90-94 range. He has been recorded at 95 a few times in the SL, and supposedly hit 101 at one of his FSL starts (that gun probably isn't that reliable). He has two types of curves, one is a plus curve (a big league out pitch) while the other is loopy and probably not gonna do much in the big leagues. His slider is average to plus, depending on which scout you talk to and his changeup has improved a lot this season. He supposedly is working on a cutter too. Can't answer your other questions because I've never seen video of him.
  3. You'll get to see yourself pitch! Probable Starters: Daytona: LHP Donnie Veal (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 18.2 IP, 13/8, 1.02 WHIP) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (4-4, 3.26 ERA, 77.1 IP, 32/15, 1.22 WHIP) vs. LHP Ryan Mullins (2-3, 4.23 ERA) Boise: RHP Mike Billek (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 4 IP, 2/0, 1.00 WHIP) @ RHP Eric Butler (2-1, 2.75 ERA)
  4. :?: Beloit at Peoria, 7:00 pm. That makes much more sense. Beloit is IN Wisconsin, not AT Wisconsin. :D Wisconsin has their own MWL team.
  5. Boise ends up losing 9-2. Muldowney's final line was the one I posted in my previous post. Alfredo Francisco came in and had an awful time, giving up 7 (5 ER) in 2 innings. Josh Lansford hit a 2-run HR in the top of the 9th for Boise's runs. Boise only managed 4 hits all game (1 against the starter, Valdez).
  6. First. Full. Season. 23. Years. Old.
  7. Boise down 2-0 in the middle of the 6th. Muldowney: 5 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 4/1. Their only hit was a 4th inning Alfred Joseph double. Camp and Joseph also have walks.
  8. But can he get AAA guys out for a full season? That's the real question. I have the same question about Rich Hill.
  9. Daytona has cut into their deficit and now are down 8-4 in the middle of the 6th.
  10. Raisin was a band geek, not a math nerd. Whoops, looked at the wrong line when I was adding it up in my head but looked at the right line while posting the IP. I was both a band geek and a math nerd in HS.
  11. Wait, what? I thought he signed like 2 months ago. He failed his physical and his contract was voided.
  12. Bah, 2 straight bad starts after I break down his hot May. Coincidence? I think not. Henceforth, I shall no longer compliment a Cub prospect...
  13. Frankly, it's disappointing that by now Grant isn't starting over Carlos Perez. He's had a few weeks to build up his arm strength, at this point, I don't think that's it. From what I've heard, his slider isn't the same as it was pre-surgery and until that returns, I don't think his future as a reliever is that bright, let alone as a starter. Mark Pawelek is probably relieving because he's barely going through 1-2 innings as a starter because of his control problems.
  14. Yeah, it's Renshaw's professional debut. And it was a good one, at that!
  15. I agree. CCR should be ranked higher and Radiohead lower. When I first read the rankings, I thought they were the other way (CCR as a 3, Radiohead as the 14). That said, I voted for Radiohead, but it was a tough decision.
  16. Who let the Packer fan in here?
  17. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Randy Wells (2-1, 4.91 ERA, 14.2 IP, 13/2, 1.30 WHIP) vs. RHP Runelvys Hernandez (4-5, 4.61 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (6-4, 3.16 ERA, 91 IP, 85/38, 1.12 WHIP) Peoria: RHP Mitch Atkins (7-2, 2.45 ERA, 88 IP, 76/35, 1.20 WHIP) @ RHP Oswaldo Sosa (6-6, 2.61 ERA) Boise: RHP Billy Muldowney (0-1, 1.84 ERA, 14.2 IP, 16/2, 1.09 WHIP) Mesa: RHP Robert Hernandez (0-0, 3.86 ERA, 7 IP, 1/2, 1.71 WHIP)
  18. Boise loses on a 2-run single by Blake Sharpe off Cooper's glove and into RF. :( Not sure why Maestri started the 9th rather than the closer.
  19. Controversy in Yakima: Canzler throws the ball to 2nd for a grounder, Baez catches it for the force at 2nd but is ruled off the bag and the runner is safe (Boise players and manager disagreed with the call). Bases are loaded with none out, closer Michael Cooper is coming in.
  20. Maestri struggling to close it out in the bottom of the 9th. First, a leadoff single and then a HBP on a guy who was trying to sac bunt. 2 on, none out. Cooper the closer loosening up in the pen for Boise.
×
×
  • Create New...