Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I'd understand next season if they were out of contention, but this season seems pretty odd.
  2. The Dodgers would be insane to trad Guzman, Kemp or LaRoche for Maddux.
  3. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Ryan O'Malley (5-6, 3.96 ERA, 104.2 IP) WT: RHP Juan Mateo (7-4, 2.82 ERA, 92.2 IP) vs. Ross Ohlendorf (8-6, 3.15 ERA) Daytona: LHP Donnie Veal (3-1, 1.13 ERA, 40 IP; overall: 8-4, 2.14 ERA, 113.2 IP) Peoria: RHP Wade Miller (rehab: 0-0, 4.50 ERA, 10 IP) @ RHP Carlos Fisher (8-5, 3.27 ERA) Boise: LHP Mark Pawelek (1-3, 3.07 ERA, 26.1 IP, 22/12, 9 HBP, 1.33 WHIP) vs. RHP Tim Lincecum (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 1 IP) Mesa: ??
  4. I was already worried when they said Angels are now cooling off an ramirez and shooting for soriano. Soriano has always been their #2 target behind Tejada.
  5. I cannot believe the Astros offered that package and I can't believe Angelos would have traded him too for Blalock, Arias and one of the DVD boys. Oswalt seems to be greatly undervalued here.
  6. Monday, July 31 @ 7:05 p.m. CT, Wrigley Field TV: CSN Chicago | Radio: WGN 720 http://image.weather.com/web/common/images/mlb/ari_small.gifhttp://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/425630.jpg @ http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/407578.jpghttp://image.weather.com/web/common/images/mlb/chc_small.gif RHP Brandon Webb (11-4, 2.64 ERA) @ RHP Mark Prior (0-4, 6.60 ERA) Game Time Weather: Sunny, 92°F (will feel like 103°F) - looks like fantastic weather :roll: 20% chance of precipitation, wind blowing out to CF at 15 mph
  7. Don't even have to go that far, just go to the Inland Empire.
  8. What is your definition of an impact player?
  9. And 7-1 is the final. Colvin went 0 for 4.
  10. They were swept in 4 games, so it was just like their World Series, too. :P LOL, that was funny and witty. I tip my hat to you, sir. :mamoru:
  11. The Orioles are even more insane to not make it. If it's true...
  12. Boise getting smacked around 7-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Billek with another bad start: 5.1 IP, 9 H, 5 ER
  13. LaRoche? Third. Young? Second/outfield. Any more info on Young defensively? How good he is at 2B, could he handle CF, etc.? Good arm, bad hands and footwork. Probably won't stick at 2B. He's mostly been playing RF from what I've seen (especially after Kemp returned to the minors), not sure if he can handle CF. That's why I'd prefer LaRoche, but that's overpaying for Maddux, imo.
  14. :bows: And I go the distance, I don't need no stinking closers.
  15. Tejada (I added that in to my previous post). I'd be wetting my pants if the Angels offered Adenhart, Aybar and Santana for Aramis.
  16. Young wouldn't be a bad pickup. Best case scenario: Maddux for LaRoche and then make the rumored Ramirez deal. do you think LaRoche would be ready to step into a starting role next year? Definitely.
  17. Kemp > LaRoche (I'm in Dream Land). I agree with kctigers, it's probably Young. LaRoche would make sense for the reason TT said, you can make the Aramis trade and just get the best prospect/player combo and not worry about McPherson.
  18. Supposedly, the most recent offer from Anaheim for Tejada was Santana + Aybar + Adenhart. I'm kind of surprised the Angels would trade Santana, seeing as their rotation has a big hole already with Colon injured again.
  19. Oh, thank goodness this is a tense save situation in a tight pennant chase so Dusty can defend using Dempster 4 straight days and 7 out of the last 8 games.
  20. Jaxx lose 6-5, they gave up a run in the top of the 9th on a 2-out HBP, error on an errant pickoff throw and an IF RBI single. :(
  21. The Tennessee broadcaster last night was saying that he saw Samardzija pitch about a year ago (college game? don't know, wasn't paying close attention at first) and Samardzija was topping out in the upper 80s. He's skeptical of and a bit astonished at reports of him now hitting in the mid-90s. Yeah. There were quite a few different reports about Samardzija's velocity because he was throwing in the 80s in 2005 at ND, but this season at ND, he picked his velocity up to where it's at now.
×
×
  • Create New...