Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Trying to get away from me? GAAAH! I had to look that one up in the good old Rand MacNally. :x He's headed your way Raisin. :D Fred's headed Raisin's way? He's farther away from Raisin than he was yesterday. Yesterday, he was in Needles, CA. But he's going to end up 20 or so miles from me in Ontario. :willynilly: Also, now that I look it up, Ehrenberg is closer to me than Needles.
  2. Haha, Maddux juicing?
  3. My undoubtedly swayed BA voters. 8-) Stupid fan getting up and blocking the rest of the play...
  4. I listened to some Chattanooga games last week, and their announcer is nowhere near as good as you. I hope this works, and once the new system is up and working, I'd break the guy's leg anyways.
  5. Nothing wrong with short, great defensive, speedy CFs. :)
  6. Oh, I had forgotten about Pavlik. What are your impressions of him? His stats look good so far.
  7. According to my notes, Sean should be starting on Friday. Then, Shaver on Saturday, Mateo's replacement on Sunday, Baez on Monday and then back to JR Mathes on Tuesday. Ron, do you know who'll replace Mateo in the DJaxx rotation?
  8. Hey Ron, In BA's best tools rankings, Scott Moore was ranked the best defensive third baseman in the SL. What do you think of that? I always had an impression that his defense had a long ways to go. Also, Mateo's fastball was rated the best in the SL. Would you agree?
  9. Juan Mateo. According to Dusty, Angel can't fly from McCarran to O'Hare and still be able to pitch. Ah. I'm sure he could have if the Cubs had the foresight to have him fly out yesterday. But that would have meant thinking ahead a day or two, which is too much to expect from the Cubs. I don't mind giving Mateo a chance, though. I just didn't think of him since it was stated when he came up that he'd pitch in relief. Well, that was more a shot at Dusty on my part. Angel flew into Des Moines from Vegas and is pitching tonight in Iowa. I don't see why he couldn't have flown to Chicago for a game tomorrow. It's not like he's going to flap his arms and fly out there on his own, risking another forearm injury or something.
  10. Sadly, there are no comments to go along with the the players selected. I'm stunned.
  11. At AAA, Rich Hill checked in with the best breaking pitch in the PCL. Today, the AA rankings came out. Eric Patterson checked in as the best baserunner in the SL and Chris Walker is the fastest baserunner in the SL. Recently promoted Juan Mateo has the best fastball in the SL! Chris Walker is the best defensive outfielder and, kind of shockingly, Scott Moore comes in as the best defensive thirdbaseman.
  12. Living in LA, the nationally televised games will kick ass.
  13. Juan Mateo. According to Dusty, Angel can't fly from McCarran to O'Hare and still be able to pitch.
  14. We had Izturis' clone in the 2 hole all through the 2005 season and the results were terrible. It cost DLee a shot at the MVP. It sure will be fun having Izzy in the 2 hole for all of 2007. May as well eliminate DLee from MVP consideration right now. When I went to the Dodgers game, he was rightfully batting 8th. Why can't Dusty just think for a minute? On a lighter note, my cousins here* were really upset to hear that Izzy was traded! My 9 year old cousin: He's the best shortstop in the National League! Jim Hendry? Is that you? :lol: *I'm still in LA for the summer He's oddly popular amongst Dodger fans.
  15. About 8.5-8.75 last I saw. Over 9 million.
  16. When I was posting the minor league probables this morning, I had to check a couple times to make sure that the I-Cubs were in Des Moines and not out in Tacoma. All because of Dusty's quote. So not only is his excuse-making ridiculous...it's FALSE!
  17. Guzman: 70 K/23 BB, 1.33 WHIP, .260 BAA Mathes: 76/23, 1.21 WHIP, .260 BAA Holliman: 94/51, 1.28 WHIP, .221 BAA Taylor: 48/17, 1.19 WHIP, .267 BAA Renshaw: 11/5, 1.57 WHIP, .321 BAA Dolis: 23/13, 2.23 WHIP, .306 BAA (last 2 games: 6 IP, 12/1, 1.50 ERA, .67 WHIP, .143 BAA)
  18. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Angel Guzman (3-4, 4.52 ERA, 67.2 IP) vs. LHP Cesar Jimenez (5-9, 4.57 ERA) WT: LHP JR Mathes (8-5, 3.23 ERA, 114.1 IP) @ RHP Steven Jackson (5-8, 2.70 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (7-6, 4.25 ERA, 103.2 IP) @ RHP Blake Eager (1-2, 4.70 ERA) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (6-6, 3.50 ERA, 105.1 IP) @ RHP Arnalio Diaz (0-0, 0.00 ERA) Mesa: RHP Jake Renshaw (0-0, 5.52 ERA, 14.2 IP) & RHP Rafael Dolis (0-1, 8.79 ERA, 14.1 IP) *Take Mesa's probable starter with a grain of salt as they shuffle their pitchers around with frequency.
  19. He's supposedly in extended (unless he was cut within the last 2 weeks). I don't think Luke will be in the Cubs system next season.
  20. That's not how the market works and his agent knows that. Everyone knows Beltre is horribly overpaid and is not the norm for top thirdbaseman contracts.
  21. Perez and Linares obviously sound very interesting... While wandering around the blog kc linked to, I found this nugget:
×
×
  • Create New...