Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Let's drop it and get back on topic.
  2. You've questioned others' opinions in this thread itself. That's how it works on message boards, as long as no one makes it personal. Yeah I realize how stupid my post was looking back on it. I apologize for that. The thing that ticked me off, was that he basically laughed in my face, because he thought my opinion didnt matter at all. If you using batting average instead of OBP as an argument for Pierre over Player X makes someone laugh, it makes someone laugh. It made me laugh too. Laugh if you must, but don't laugh at the poster on the board because of his or her opinion. That's uncalled for.
  3. No more personal attacks, everybody. You've questioned others' opinions in this thread itself. That's how it works on message boards, as long as no one makes it personal.
  4. It'd have been hilarious if Gracie had ripped in to the team. Great game by Murton. :)
  5. Roberts: .302/.379/.423/.802, 31/35 in SBs Pierre: .281/.326/.380/.706, 38/50 in SBs Roberts has a career .263 average Pierre has a career .305 average Roberts' career OBP: .346 Pierre's career OBP: .351 Roberts' career IsoD: .087 Pierre's career IsoD: .046 Roberts the last 3 seasons: .278/.358 Pierre the last 3 seasons: .296/.340 OBP is what I'm concerned about with my leadoff hitters.. And of course, Roberts is a more cost-effective option for leadoff hitter and CF. Personally, I'd prefer Loretta leading off.
  6. I don't know, but that's what trades are for. It shouldn't be hard to find a lead-off guy with a .330 OBP who is cheaper than Pierre. If Pierre had more of a recent history of a .350+ OBP, I'd be on board with re-signing him. Leadoff hitters are hard to find. You cant just go out and make a trade for one. Not many teams will deal their leadoff hitter. Matt Murton would be just fine as a leadoff hitter if Pierre didn't come back. Yes, he actually would. I would just then have 2 questions: 1) How does Matt feel about batting leadoff? That's something that we can't really know-some hitters are just not cut out for batting leadoff. From our vantage point, it would be hard to tell if Murton is one of them or if he is comfortable in that role. 2)Who do we sign to play center? I'm not sure what options there are that could be had, or how much it would take. Dave Roberts would be cost efficient until Pie is ready. How is Roberts any better than Pierre? Roberts: .302/.379/.423/.802, 31/35 in SBs, 36 BBs/32 SOs Pierre: .281/.326/.380/.706, 38/50 in SBs, 29 BBs/ 38 SOs
  7. What does he need to do to offset his previous crap seasons?
  8. Good thing we had him rotting away in Iowa.
  9. Haha, what the heck? That was strange. That certainly was ball 3, not ball 4.
  10. No Daytona Cubs in the High-A. Probably the only two who had any chance were Gallagher and Veal (and at the time they did this, Veal might not have pitched much in the FSL yet), and it's not surprising that they were passed up by the likes of Homer Bailey, Matt Garza and Kevin Slowey for all the pitching categories. Also, the manager for Palm Beach's name is Pop Warner.
  11. Exactly. He's a fantastic LOOGY.
  12. Anyone know? I'm headed out of the office for a break and really want to see Mateo pitch.
  13. Phelps had one appearance down in Mesa a couple days ago (got the start and went 2 shutout innings). Good to see Michael back.
  14. Hendry is much more of a trading guy than a free agent guy, unless you're talking relievers and bench players. I can't see him signing 2 regulars, and I'd be surprised if he signed 1. All it will take is 2 signings of average players for the Cubs to lose their 2nd and 3rd rounders. I'll be frank, I want the Cubs to get Price and it looks like he'll be one of the top 2 to go. It might be just me but so far, there looks like there's a drop off after Main and Price.
  15. What has Guzman, Ryu, and Hill shown, besides one good start by Hill the last time out, that makes them more ready? You might as well keep Marmol in there for the remainder of the year. What do you have to lose? They're more accomplished at AAA than Mateo and Marmol were at AA, they're further along. I'd rather see how the guys who are more ready for the big leagues fair now. And if you noticed the rest of my post, I said now there's no point in sending Marmol back to the minors.
  16. Kid was rushed, he has control problems (not a shocker since he converted from catcher in 2003). Now they're rushing Mateo. Wasn't the point of opening up the rotation slot to pitch the rooks? Or was it just to pitch Guzman? Williams to replace Marmol? I certainly think some of the kids are more ready (Guzman, Ryu, Hill who will now have a spot when Marshall returns, even Williams) for the big leagues than some of the others (Mateo, Marmol, Gallagher, etc.). I'd rather play the kids who are ready to graduate to the bigs first and let the ones who could still use some time down on the farm get that. At this point, I wouldn't replace Marmol. I'd keep him in the rotation the rest of the season.
  17. Is that for sure? that's what len said. How stupid can they get?
  18. Kid was rushed, he has control problems (not a shocker since he converted from catcher in 2003). Now they're rushing Mateo.
×
×
  • Create New...