Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Petrick's 6th inning: Popped up to shallow RF. Harvey *nearly* collided with 2B Lane on that play. Line single to LF. Check swing strikeout (3-pitch). HBP on a 3-2 count. Popped out to very shallow LF. 6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 HBP, BB, 3 K, 8 GO : 5 FO With Layden warming up in the pen, that should be it for Petrick. Daytona down 3-0 in the middle of the 6th...
  2. Petrick's 5th inning: Leadoff 4-pitch walk. 3-pitch strikeout swinging. Pickoff. The baserunner tried to steal before Petrick threw the pitch. Groundout, 4-3. (11-pitch inning.) 5 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, BB, HBP, 2 K, 8 GO : 3 FO. After 5, Daytona is down 3-0.
  3. Petrick's 4th inning: First-pitch groundout, off Petrick's glove to Baez, 1-6-3. Great throw by Baez. First-pitch groundout, 6-3. Great play by Baez. HBP. Flyout to RF. (7-pitch inning.) 4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, HBP, K, 7 GO : 3 FO Daytona down 3-0 after 4.
  4. Petrick's third: Ground single to RF. Pop out. Pop out to shallow CF. Flyball to LF, in and out of the LFer's glove for a single.. Run scores. Ground single to CF. Triple to CF. 2 runs score. Groundout, 4-3. 3 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, K, 5 GO : 2 FO Daytona down 3-0 midway through 3. :(
  5. Petrick's 2nd: Groundout, 4-3. Leadoff bunt single (on a close play at first). Bloop single to CF, leadoff runner to second. Grounder to third, bobbled by Spearman. E-5, bases are loaded. 6-4-3 DP! :D Announcer talking about how there's a lot of excitement about Petrick returning. 2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, K, 4 GO: 0 FO 0-0 in the middle of the 2nd.
  6. Petrick's first inning: Strikeout Groundout, 5-3. Bloop single to CF. Groundout, 6-4. 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 K
  7. Somewhere in South Bend, ndistops is either crying hysterically or praying.
  8. wow!! I agree with that. But I have a feeling Maddux will be gone within the next 48 hrs. and it may be to an AL team. That makes no sense. He has the chance to say no, and he seems to have a major dislike for the AL. Why would he allow himself to be traded to the AL?
  9. Yes. I think we would all rather at least get something. But personally.. I want it to be someone who is ML ready, if they are not already in the Majors. I want the best available player(s).
  10. While Adenhart is returning from a pretty serious injury, he's a big time prospect. I'd prefer to acquire someone who's not as far away from the big leagues and doesn't have the injury past of Nick, but the only guys that really pique my interest are not going to come in an Aramis trade (Kendrick, Wood). I'd much prefer Adenhart than losing Aramis this offseason.
  11. Thoughts on Jay Bruce and Justin Upton? Quite the OF talent from the high schools in last year's draft...
  12. Wasn't it Baylor who did that? Yes. Man, cost-cutting trades like the one mentioned in the RotoWorld blurb where the Phillies don't get even one of Tabata or Hughes are ridiculous.
  13. If you define Maddux's prime as 1992-1998, his K/9 was 6.91 and his K/BB was 4.78. Definitely not what Truffle is talking about, he had a great K-rate during his prime. To the point of the thread, Wang will succeed as a 3-4 starter, but a groundball pitcher who doesn't get too many Ks will definitely be more at the mercy of his defense and balls finding holes.
  14. I have a company picnic/softball game today down in Huntington Beach. I'm hoping I'll be back in time for Petrick's start, but I'll probably end up missing a few innings. :(
  15. Jeff Samardzija's final stats: Peoria: 11 IP, 3.27 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, .154 BAA, 6 Hs, 4 BBs, 0 HBP, 3 Ks, 0 HR Boise: 19 IP, 2.37 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, .240 BAA, 18 Hs, 6 BBs, 5 HBPs, 13 Ks, 1 HR Overall: 30 IP, 2.70 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .211 BAA, 24 Hs, 10 BBs, 5 HBPs, 16 Ks, 1 HR I hope he's back in the system next season and sticks with baseball only.
  16. I saw the Santa Clarita Valley hit 116 °F last weekend. Better than Woodland Hills (119 °F!), but that's IE hot. Blech. -------------------------- Colvin: .331/.385/.551/.936, 10 BBs, 18 Ks.
  17. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jerome Williams (3-4, 4.17 ERA, 69 IP) @ LHP Eric Stults (6-8, 4.67 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Sean Gallagher (5-3, 2.93 ERA, 46 IP; overall: 9-3, 2.53 ERA, 124.1 IP) Daytona: RHP Billy Petrick (Boise: 5-0, 2.23 ERA, 36.1 IP) - Billy makes his triumphant return to Daytona! Peoria: RHP Todd Blackford (8-4, 4.50 ERA, 110 IP) @ LHP Travis Wood (8-2, 4.05 ERA) Boise: RHP Alfredo Francisco (4-0, 4.44 ERA, 24.1 IP) Mesa: RHP Robert Hernandez (3-0, 1.71 ERA, 21 IP) or RHP Alberto Albuquerque (0-2, 7.27 ERA, 8.2 IP) *Take Mesa's probable starter with a grain of salt as they shuffle their pitchers from the rotation to the pen with frequency.
  18. Saturday, July 29 @ 3:05 p.m. CT, Wrigley Field TV: FOX | Radio: WGN 720 http://image.weather.com/web/common/images/mlb/stl_small.gifhttp://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/435039.jpg @ http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/118120.jpghttp://image.weather.com/web/common/images/mlb/chc_small.gif RHP Anthony Reyes (2-4, 4.57 ERA) @ RHP Greg Maddux (8-11, 4.83 ERA) Game Time Weather: Sunny, 92°F (will feel like 101°F, should max out at 103°F) - looks like fantastic weather :roll: 20% chance of precipitation, wind blowing out to RCF at 10 mph
  19. I was just thinking that yesterday. Probably won't have as good an eye as Kotsay though, should have similar power numbers, etc.
  20. In terms of OF defense, it sounds (I've mostly listened to his games, not watched many) like he takes good routes along with those fancy catches. Thus far, he seems to have made the transition to CF after limited time there at Clemson. He should be able to hang in CF in the big leagues. How's his arm? Before the draft I believe it was described as a fringe LF arm at best but he seems to be throwing out quite a few runners. Is it just young players getting greedy or has his arm been better than advertised? The two times I've listened and he's got an assist, it has sounded like the baserunner just shouldn't have gone (be it the 3B coach's fault or the baserunners').
  21. Really? After just under 30 games in the NWL, not all of which have been in CF, he can be proclaimed as able to "hang in CF in the big leagues"? Isn't that a bit hasty? Hence the "should." I'm judging more from the routes he's running to the flyballs. If he can do what he's doing now with so few games in CF over the past few years, I think he has the ability to improve enough (that if his bat allows him), he'll stay at CF in the bigs. Heck yeah, and the humidity too. I take it you live inland too?
  22. In terms of OF defense, it sounds (I've mostly listened to his games, not watched many) like he takes good routes along with those fancy catches. Thus far, he seems to have made the transition to CF after limited time there at Clemson. He should be able to hang in CF in the big leagues.
  23. While Peoria isn't a first place team, they also are a winning club who are headed to the playoffs. Boise already has 3 other capable OFs (Camp, Joseph, Lewis). It doesn't hurt to get Colvin to get some experience at a full-season league and get accustomed to Peoria/the MWL even if he starts there next season (which I expect he will), a la Gallagher and EPatt's promotions late last season. While he might be age appropriate at the NWL, the MWL is closer to the competition level of the ACC. I can see why the Cubs might keep him in Boise, but I'd like to see him up at Peoria this season, even if it's just for a few weeks.
  24. For those of us who didn't watch, what happened that deserves the Cubs retaliation?
×
×
  • Create New...