Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Hector Made (acquired from the Yanks for Sal Fasano yesterday) with a 2-run shot in the top of the 7th off Sprowl. Now a solo shot from the next batter. Daytona down 12-6.
  2. Daytona cuts the deficit in half, making it 9-6 on a 3-run HR by Alan Rick!
  3. My box score has Clearwater up 8-3. Mendez came in after Holliman and gave up 3 unearned runs and a long ball. Yeah, I needed to refresh my box score. The DH, Jon-Mark Sprowl, pitched the top of the 6th and (I think he was the one who gave up the run) gave up 1 run. It's now 9-3 in the bottom of the 6th. Remember, they only go 7 in DHs.
  4. WT and Chattanooga are scoreless midway through 2. The Jaxx have gotten 2 hits off Homer Bailey (singles by Walker and Dope). Clearwater is up 4-3 in the middle of the 5th. Holliman's recent struggles continue as he didn't get out of the 5th: 4+ IP, 3 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K. Peoria and Western Michigan are scoreless after 3.
  5. I have nothing. :( Is it just me?
  6. The thing is, he's not going to go Liriano/Verlander the rest of the way. He's going to have his lumps in the process of becoming a middle-of-the-rotation starter. I'll be happy if he makes progress and improves the rest of the way; especially in cutting down on the walks, HRs and BAA.
  7. Just wait till Garza joins Liriano and Santana.
  8. A cyclist who's been doping?
  9. Maybe it's because Rothschild doesn't know how to deal with Hill (but others in the organization do...i.e. Alan Dunn)? Well I can't believe that when he comes up to the bigs he forgets how to pitch? Is it possible his stuff isn't any good against ML hitters? I guess we'll never know unless he gets the chance to take the bump for the rest of the year... Scouts seem to think he has the stuff to be 3-4 starter in the big league. His stuff is fine, esp. if the change has progressed. He's been too dominant at AAA to be considered a AAAA-player - you're not going to post sub-2 ERAs, sub-1 WHIP and 6-1 K-BB ratios and be a AAAA player. His control obviously hasn't been good in the bigs so far, and he's far too hitable (which in part relates to his control/how he locates his pitches). He definitely needs to keep pitching without a short leash.
  10. It was a pleasure doing business. :)
  11. Maybe it's because Rothschild doesn't know how to deal with Hill (but others in the organization do...i.e. Alan Dunn)?
  12. I like it when Derwood doesn't post in my game threads. :evil: maybe if your avatar was that new UCLA recruit getting his skin pulled off.... btw, 4 pages in the Game Thread before the game has started? When did people start caring again? My sig is of THE DON. Don't piss him off or he'll have your skin pulled off. As long as Veal keeps his walks down...He's got a bright future... And get his flyouts down a bit as those will translate to more HRs at AAA and the big leagues. But I'm confident he'll make the adjustments needed as he progresses.
  13. I like it when Derwood doesn't post in my game threads. :evil: maybe if your avatar was that new UCLA recruit getting his skin pulled off.... btw, 4 pages in the Game Thread before the game has started? When did people start caring again? My sig is of THE DON. Don't piss him off or he'll have your skin pulled off.
  14. People don't quit on Dusty! :P EDIT: With how bad the Cubs are, you'll probably miss a couple starts.
  15. Really? Aren't some those seats in the upper deck rather high up? I've never been there, so my impression is strictly based on eatching games on TV. I dont remember them being that high The nosebleeds aren't fun, but c'mon...they're $8. I've only been there once about 15 years ago, so I don't remember them too clearly.
  16. They do make you enter at certain games, but you can still move up. You just gotta know how to do it and when to do it. It's really easy on non-weekend games. And I didn't realize we had a Royals fan, but welcome aboard, ResidentRoyalsFan!
  17. Tick Tock Raisin, Tick Tock. why are you putting all that pressure on him? he'll propose to you when he's good and ready. Aww, someone's jealous.
  18. I like it when Derwood doesn't post in my game threads. :evil:
  19. We have all the NSBB newborns and now we're having a string of NSBB weddings! Congrats!!
  20. Heading down there this weekend. I'll try to post some kind of summary. Awesome! Hooray Bears.
  21. Oops, missed one:
×
×
  • Create New...