Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Perez and Linares obviously sound very interesting... While wandering around the blog kc linked to, I found this nugget:
  2. Click me Fleita likes the swing of 17 y/o Marwin Gonzalez. He's hitting .190/.264/.266. Also Robert Hernandez is 17 and should develop into a hard thrower. He's got a sub 2 ERA, but lack of Ks. Thanks, kc.
  3. Marco Carillo, Jake Renshaw, Robert Hernandez, Marwin Gonzlaez, Carlos Perez, Drew Rundle and Cliff Andersen also seem intriguing to me (down in Mesa). I'm definitely interested in Rundle, as well. Colvin, Pawelek & Joseph at Boise, too. Since he's a catcher, Mercedes looks interesting. 1 BB, 3 Ks though, lots of contact...
  4. By the way, Iowa is now up 9-1 thanks ot a 5th inning RBI double by Pie. Felix is now 3 for 3 with a walk, single, double and homer. Just needs a triple for the cycle... Boise leads Salem-Keizler 11-2 going to the bottom of the 8th. Colvin is now 0 for 2 with 3 walks. Mario Mercedes is 4 for 5. Mesa is down 2-1. Taylor Parker gave up the runs in the 5th, Andersen scored in the bottom of the 5th for Mesa.
  5. Marco Carillo, Jake Renshaw, Robert Hernandez, Marwin Gonzlaez, Carlos Perez, Drew Rundle and Cliff Andersen also seem intriguing to me (down in Mesa).
  6. It is correct, although most of his strikeouts have come in his last two or three performances, during which time he's been less hittable. Do you have age/height/weight info on him? Dolis is a positional player convert, I believe he used to be an infielder. He's 6'3, 180 lbs. He might have come from the Orioles organization. Here is his breakdown of games this season. 12 of his Ks have come in the last 2 games (6 innings), during which time, he's given up 3 hits and only 2 walks. I *think* he's 19 or 20 but have not been able to find anything concrete on him.
  7. It is correct, although most of his strikeouts have come in his last two or three performances, during which time he's been less hittable.
  8. I sniggered. :oops: Iowa up 8-0 in the bottom of the 4th. After 4, Mesa and Tempe are scoreless. Perez and Parker are the only 2 with hits, Rosario with a walk. Rundle is 0 for 2, Andersen 0 for 1, but neither has struck out yet. Boise is up 7-2 going to the bottom of the 6th.
  9. Good! I am very pleased that Dusty even knew who Gallagher was. That tells me that he is at least aware of the players in the minors. Would have been nice to see Sean up here on Thursday. :( No, I'm glad the Cubs aren't rushing Gallagher.
  10. Iowa now up 8-0 in the top of the 3rd on RBI singles by Jose Reyes and Felix Foot.
  11. Peoria wins it 5-3. Chirinos and YUSUF! with homers, Avery gets the save. Boise now up 7-2 in the bottom of the 4th. Colvin with a leadoff walk, it's his second of the game. :)
  12. Michael Phelps sighting! He's starting for Mesa. Hopefully he'll be up in Daytona soon enough.
  13. I honestly don't see the point in Hill being out there for the 8th. He's struggled, 7 strong innings is a GREAT way to go out.
  14. LEADOFF SOLO HR FOR DJ LEWIS!!!! :D Boise now up 7-0.
  15. A Gary Cates solo HR in the bottom of the 5th has West Tenn tied with Tennessee at 2. St. Lucie got 1 in the bottom of the 8th and now lead Daytona in the top of the 9th, 5-4. Peoria is now up 5-3 after 7. Boise leads it 6-0 in the 2nd and have hit around in the inning. Highlights include an Alfred Joseph solo HR, bases loaded walks by Colvin and Lansford and a 2-RBI single by Canzler. Still only 1 out in the inning.
  16. I'm kind of surprised that he's going to be out there in the 7th, even with only 88 pitches. I'd just get him out with a good outing.the quality start.
  17. How's Memphis? We're not there yet. I am in Radke VA at a Holliday Inn. So far the south is fricken hot. ps> sorry for the delay. Go Rich Hill!!! Hope you like the humidity!
  18. Yeah, I was shocked when I read that yesterday. Then a little more shocked when I read that Mateo had been promoted. Tell me a bit about Mathes. Don't know him. JR throws a sinking FB (no quote on velocity, but he doesn't throw hard), a curve and a change. He doesn't have a plus pitch, but generally has great control. I'll be frank, I thought that by the time he was at AA, he'd be a reliever. He's proven me wrong.
  19. Details, plz, for those who are just a smidge out of CSN Chicago's range.
  20. Tennessee up 2-1 on West Tenn after 3. Chris Walker scored on a Scott Moore RBI double. Daytona and St. Lucie tied at 4 after 7. Peoria up 5-1 after 5. Atkins is having a huge game in his return to the rotation: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 8 Ks. Boise is scoreless going to the bottom of the 1st. Kitt Kopach gave up 3 hits but got a timely DP to keep Salem-Keizer scoreless in the top of the 1st.
×
×
  • Create New...