Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Heh, I just realized the aforementioned Steve Smith is in my sig.
  2. I think Samardzija will fall to the second round. Hopefully the Bears take a OL/S/OLB (if Briggs bolts) in the first round.
  3. SAMMY! I think it will be Ryno, seems to be the obvious possibility on a breaking news story given his name has popped up and the Peoria manager spot is still vacant.
  4. I, for one, don't mind this method too much. If you miss something in a 40-page thread it's hard to get caught up. Well, it's a concise 11 in premium format. hmmm . . . so Premium hides the worthless comments? :D Yes! Sign up today! :D Hey guys, I can't read what BBB said. Can someone summarize?
  5. http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/prospects/features/262929.html Many believe very few will be drafted this year because of how weak the Rule 5 class is (due to the new CBA rules). They also believe next year will be the "mother lode of Rule 5 selections."
  6. Go Bruins!
  7. Nobody is saying "we" were terrible. Grossman was terrible. I took issue with people saying Grossman was terrible in the Jets game. They acted as if they won in spite of Rex trying to lose the game. That was not the case. But this game was different. It just shows you how much more impressive the defense and special teams are that they could win by that much with such bad QB play. Sean Salisbury said that the Bears aren't the best defense in the league any more. Sean Salisbury was a bad QB whose biggest claim to fame is the ability to yell at a skinny nerd. From what I hear, Ricky Manning Jr. does it better.
  8. He's on the Leones de Ponce roster down in Puerto Rico but he has yet to have a plate appearance. He might get in some action as their season winds down.
  9. I think Steve Smith is going in the second round, flames. Besides Cavin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Jinn, there's also Sidney Rice and Robert Meachem who should go ahead of Smith (all underclassmen).
  10. Monday Night Football, on ESPN. GO BEARS!
  11. Those Starbucks commercials are awesome.
  12. http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/de8d68d5-8bbd-4a6e-bcf9-0e5e94f731b3.jpg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/a52a5dfe-3794-43fd-bdbd-755141fb75a5.jpg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/82920c50-70f0-4961-9c7f-20f5194fbd72.jpg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/5b8d039d-14fb-4117-809d-a50aa3adc640.jpg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/0e6ece25-6860-441d-bbfb-1b4d8a517288.jpg http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/56106f99-e869-4502-bfd9-1e8988c75f63.jpg :D
  13. Wow, I didn't realize UCLA was up to the top-25 in the BCS. What a great turnaround by Dorrell the past few weeks. WE BEAT USC! :D
  14. Culiacan wins game one of a doubleheader 8-5 (7 innings), box: 3B C. McGehee 0/4 Culiacan wins game two 7-4 (7 innings), box: 3B C. McGehee 0/4, K (18), E (10, fielding) Gusave loses 4-1, box: PH I. Salas 1/1 Overall: Casey McGehee (Culiacan): 52/171, .304/.370/.433/.803, 5 HR, 7 2B, 18 BB, 18 K, 1/2 SB, 10 E Issmael Salas (Gusave): 19/61, .311/.364/.377/.741, 1 HR, 1 2B, 5 BB, 8 K, 1/2 SB
  15. Every mock draft I've seen have the Cardinals taking him with a top 5 pick. Then I think the goal is to be worse than the Cardinals. ;) Given the Packers recent performance, futility is on their side... Don't forget the Texans could use OL help.
  16. I doubt he will be.
  17. Smith? Do you mean Steve Smith? I don't think he'll go that high (around the 7th pick from what I see in the standings), although I think he'll be a solid pro. I doubt Michael Bush will go that high, I think he's on the border in terms of being a first rounder. AD might still be there at 7, certainly Marshawn Lynch (imo, too high for Marshawn). And you guys know Ted Ginn is going to measure well at the workouts and skyrocket.
  18. Don't worry. You'll get Calvin Johnson with the #2 pick. :wink: If they draft a WR I want Dwayne Jarrett. But as long as they draft offense, I won't complain too much. As long as the first round pick isn't an O-linemen. Just no defense. For the sake of my sanity. Calvin Johnson >> Dwayne Jarrett. Agree. CJ had Reggie Freaking Ball throwing it to him and STILL put up among the best numbers in the country. Same size, faster, better hands. And yeah, it's easier to look good with Leinart and Booty throwing to you vs. Reggie Ball.
  19. Don't worry. You'll get Calvin Johnson with the #2 pick. :wink: If they draft a WR I want Dwayne Jarrett. But as long as they draft offense, I won't complain too much. As long as the first round pick isn't an O-linemen. Just no defense. For the sake of my sanity. Calvin Johnson >> Dwayne Jarrett.
×
×
  • Create New...