Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Eh, I think it'll get done at the end of spring just like Kerry and Derrek's deals.
  2. Sad news with the Illinois situation. :(
  3. No Cubs pictures thus far, here are some interesting pics from elsewhere: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070220/capt.azer10402202102.giants_spring_baseball_azer104.jpg Barry Zito and Barry Bonds http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070220/capt.azet11502202128.mariners_spring_baseball_azet115.jpg Ichiro http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070220/capt.azer11102202139.giants_bonds_spring_baseball_azer111.jpg Barry Bonds and Mark Sweeney http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070220/capt.azet10802202031.mariners_spring_baseball_azet108.jpg Richie Sexson mandhandles Raul Ibanez http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070217/capt.azmg20402171947.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg204.jpg A Henry Blanco pic that I don't think has been posted
  4. Wow, good luck, Ron. Need some recomendations? I'm sure quite a few of us would love to recommend you. :D
  5. How dare Aramis not show up late!?
  6. A $4 million difference is one thing, $200K is another. Then again, consider the source isn't concrete - they may well be in the arbi hearing.
  7. either that or he just did not have the right personnel. as good as the linebackers are, i've never seen so many blitzes picked up by opposing teams. I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about blitz designs, but it seems like most of the blitzes involved Urlacher or Briggs running directly into the back of a D-Lineman. it's hard to tell whether that was rivera's fault or the LB's. with as fast as those guys are, they should have been better at disguising. but then again, the tampa 2 isn't exactly designed as a blitzing defense--so maybe teams just knew a blitz was coming if they weren't in that configuration. You're right, we can't tell if it's the system, if it's because Chico didn't get to call as many blitzes as he wanted which might make it more effective or if it was just Chico's blitz schemes. Whatever it was, the blitzes were rather ineffective and the blitzing didn't make up for the dropoff in pressure from the frount four after the first four weeks of the season.
  8. Noah existed. The ref has to handle the ball first, so no matter who's holding it there's no reason for Noah to flip out and try to get it back. Then there's the matter of it being the opposing coach with the ball, which anyone with a modicum of common sense knows you don't instigate anything with during the game. PS- I thought I already made this post, but apparently I didn't. So if you see something similar in a Soriano thread or something, there you go. this was after a made basket, right? i didnt realize the refs handle every basketball before the inbound in this situation. i just thought the other team grabbed it and went. which makes me think the coach was being an ass, not noah this time. its delaying the inbound pass, and slowing the game. I'm pretty sure it was a loose ball out of bounds. You're right.
  9. Apparently your team doesn't have much reason to play if not for you and your great motivation skills.
  10. And just like that, the Angels are no longer the Cubs' rivals.
  11. Your bulletin board must be quite empty to find material for it from this thread.
  12. So people are upset that Aramis isn't early? Umm, wow. And even if he was late, maybe he has a good reason. But by all means, continue on his case.
  13. Is Adam's real first name Rich? I'm 99.9% sure I'm going with Vlad.
  14. I'm definitely not considering Daisuke. I'm pretty sure I know who I'll take, but I don't know if I want to post it. If only there was a way I could tell everyone besides abuck. :)
  15. You talking about the Bears? If so, they'll likely hire from within. The LB coach Babbich (sp?) is the leading cand. Gotta be Babich, he's Lovie's guy as BRASKY'S SCOTCH pointed out. Bit surprised how it played out with Chico but I figured he'd be gone sooner or later.
  16. Revenge! :twisted:
  17. USC blew a 9-point second half lead against ASU and lost, dropping USC to third in the Pac-10 and giving the Sun Devils their first conference victory of the season.
  18. Maybe. Or maybe not.
  19. I'm gonna guess the NYT pic is after the hair cut.
  20. I think Guzman is headed to Iowa no matter what he does if everyone else is healthy. That may not be fair, but I think that's the way it is. It's sad but true.
  21. It's down to two guys for me.
  22. Definitely pitching. Price's final line is in the previous post, the inherited runner didn't score. Price overall: 12 IP, 2 GS, 4 ER, 9 H, 18 K/ 3 BB, 2 HBP, 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP, .214 BAA
  23. So far it's only the Sun-Times talking about a "best-case scenario" with Hill in the pen, right? That's good. Hill didn't get a fair shake from the team last season. He sure earned a starting spot with his second half last season - it better not come down to how he performs in a few spring training performances as opposed to his body of work last season.
×
×
  • Create New...