Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. No o, no d. Ahhh ok, so he used to be Rey Rdnez early in his career, but by the time he played for us he had become Rey Rnez. Exactly. Who came up with that name? UMF?
  2. Eh, I predicted they'd lose this game beforehand (I also predicted they'd lose at Stanford and West Virginia). Not shocking, they had an emotional win and clinched the conference on Thursday, they're playing in a tough arena against a much-improved team that will make a run in the Pac-10 tourney. It'd be nice to win this one because I really want to see the Bruins in Sacramento and San Jose. ETA: Darren, you're 1/12 shooting. If I can suggest something, don't take a shot unless it's a wide open layup.
  3. I've heard that too the last few days-I've also heard it's almost certainly dead now though that the Pats have picked up Adalius Thomas. I do hear they may go after Randy Moss though (but that's not a huge issue for this thread I guess :D) It will be a disappointment for Charles Tillman. :D
  4. Good to see Veal looking strong in camp. He does need to learn how to repeat his delivery - especially on the offspeed stuff. I think that alone will help him improve his control.
  5. Alfred Aboya hurt his knee against WSU (MRI negative!) and he'll likely miss today's game againsts Washington in Seattle. Looks like Ryan Wright (bleh) and James Keefe (woo!) will get more PT backing up Mata and Mbah a Moute.
  6. sounds like a patriot league game, at least judging by the score WSU was up on UCLA 23-22 at the half yesterday.
  7. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20403012237.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg204.jpg Marquis http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20503012238.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg205.jpg Marquis http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20603012241.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg206.jpg Soriano http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20703012246.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg207.jpg Barrett and John Webb http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20803012248.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg208.jpg Theriot http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/bb/fullj.getty-73447758sd003_san_francisco_6_46_45_pm.jpg Soriano http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/60/fullj.getty-73447758sd004_san_francisco_6_46_55_pm.jpg Marquis http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5a/fullj.getty-73447758sd010_san_francisco_6_57_56_pm.jpg Sweet Lou during BP
  8. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20403012237.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg204.jpg Marquis http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20503012238.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg205.jpg Marquis http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20603012241.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg206.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20703012246.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg207.jpg Barrett and John Webb http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070301/capt.azmg20803012248.giants_cubs_spring_baseball_azmg208.jpg Theriot http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/bb/fullj.getty-73447758sd003_san_francisco_6_46_45_pm.jpg http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/60/fullj.getty-73447758sd004_san_francisco_6_46_55_pm.jpg Marquis http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5a/fullj.getty-73447758sd010_san_francisco_6_57_56_pm.jpg Sweet Lou during BP
  9. I'll sneak a listen in the car during my lunch break. :)
  10. UCLA beats Washington State to win the Pac-10 outright, 29th Pac-10 championship. :D Washington beat USC in Seattle, Arizona beat Cal.
  11. Ugh, Dope doesn't need to get hurt again to start a season.
  12. is that the kid from Clemson? That's Tyler Colvin - first round pick from last year.
  13. Think about the fact that a 26 year old with no minor league experience is rated the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Over Alex Gordon and Delmon Young. He deserves to be #1. Daisuke's definitely the best prospect with no major league experience.
  14. Wow, what a terrible deal for Detroit, Millen strikes again. :lol: Seriously. Getting Bly was his one great move and he just undid it.
  15. Hence the "Catch 22." Dempster would have to pitched solidly (say high 3/low to mid 4, with a whip in the 1.15-1.25) to have any value. Or maybe come June, maybe the Cubs could convince the Reds to take Dempster for whatever. Not necessarily. He makes less than Jason Marquis, he'd be a viable trade option unless he completely tanks.
  16. Eric Steinbech please. Yes please.
  17. Again, it'll be revenge from 2 years ago. :D UCLA plays Washington State tonight, if they win, they win the Pac-10. WSU is the only team left with a chance to stake a claim to the Pac-10 regular season title. I think it's amusing that the Pac-10 is coming down to a game in Pullman (of course, it came down to a game in Berkeley between UCLA and Cal last year).
  18. Remind me again how people are able to get jobs in sports broadcasting despite not knowing about baseball? Why would he becoming back here? :? He wouldn't.
  19. I heard that Les Walrond has looked good in spring training thus far. Can't wait to see (listen to) Rocky pitch since he's now on the 40-man. 1.5 hours to go!!
  20. He certainly looked terrible tonight. Awful pick. Fire Paxson. Give it a rest. Enjoy the 30-point win. How was my post directly bashing Tyrus Thomas? I'm guessing he gets alot of late minutes in blowout games. I would like to see him on the floor more though. A cursory look shows that about half of those games were blowouts.
  21. Wow, what a game. Rough loss for A&M.
  22. Wow, Acie Law AGAIN! That kid definitely coulda gotten a better look for TAMU. But second OT should be fun.
×
×
  • Create New...