Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty worried about Z too. I don't think Wood will be starting this year, but he might be like Smoltz and return to the rotation if he's great in the pen and the Cubs have a suitable replacement for him.
  2. Arron makes ESPN's first team All-American. :) He's getting all the accolades that Ed O'Bannon was getting in 1995, I hope Arron's NCAA career ends the same way (but he has a much better pro career).
  3. I agree, particularly re Wally, who has been a major disappointment, IMO. I would be very happy about having picks# 37, another first rounder, and two 4th rounders for Jones, Briggs, and Ogunleye. (Assuming Wale goes for a 4th and Briggs for 1st and 4th). The Bears already have the starters in place for Jones and Ogunleye, and they are probably gonna be upgrades. Then they get would have plenty of picks to replace Briggs and upgrade every possible position that needs it. Like Goony said, that would replace some huge contracts with youth, and for the net result would likely be a better team in 2007 and in the future. Gosh, the Bears really could re-load the D and OL with all those picks.
  4. Yeah, I really don't see the Bears trading up and the only guy I'd really like in the 10-20 range is Laron Landry. Trading TJ to go up in the second round is basically the equivalent of getting a third rounder - I think I'd have preferred the extra pick, actually (especially given JA's track record in the third round), but that's cool.
  5. Arron Afflalo was named Pac-10 Player of the Year. :D Arron's the fifth Bruin to win the honor, joining Marques Johnson (1977), David Greenwood (1978, 79), Kenny Fields (1983) and Ed O'Bannon (1995). Pac-10 Freshman of the Year: F Chase Buddinger, Arizona (I think Cal's Ryan Anderson was robbed) Pac-10 Coach of the Year; Tony Bennett, Washington State (much deserved) The All-Pac-10 team: G Arron Afflalo - UCLA (Compton, CA) F Jon Brockman - Washington (Snohomish, WA) G Aaron Brooks - Oregon (Seattle, WA) G Darren Collison - UCLA (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) F Lawrence Hill - Stanford (Glendale, AZ) G Derrick Low - Washington State (Honolulu, HI) G Kyle Weaver - Washington State (Beloit, WI) F Marcus Williams - Arizona (Seattle, WA) G/F Nick Young - USC (Los Angeles, CA)
  6. Bowden's awesome (just ask UK).
  7. Yeah, he had a relief appearance. How did he throw 1.1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 K/0 BB. Not sure how he sounded though.
  8. :shrug: If we're basing everything on the pitchers' first appearance, Jason Marquis will be the Cubs' ace.
  9. 2 walks in 2 days. Building on his improved-patience at the end of the VWL?
  10. Not exactly the worst of news considering it's his first ST start. What was his offspeed stuff like? Thanks, Bruce!
  11. Your talking Bobby Brownlie territory there. I can't believe it took this long for an outlaw curve reference. I was thinking it. That should count for something.
  12. Hahaha to the end of the Warriors-Wizards game. Good ol' Don Nelson.
  13. Overall: 21/60, .350/.444/.583/1.027, 11 BB, 11 K, 5 2B, 3 HR, 1 E Overall: 5 GS, 18.1 IP, 5 ER, 14 H, 15 K/8 BB, 0 HR, 2.45 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .226 BAA
  14. No captions? At least when the rest of us post pics, we give captions.
  15. Huh, Deng had 27 and Hinrich had 23 too. Not bad for the #2 and #3 leading scorers in the game.
  16. As I said, the announcers came off as total Duke homers. I wanted to see Hansbrough go ape on Henderson. Woulda loved that.
  17. These announcers are total Duke homers.
×
×
  • Create New...