Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. well, he is injured right now. Besides, who can you kick off the team to make room for him? I'd rather have Wuertz than Cotts, Eyre or Dempster. And Wuertz was better than all 3 of them last season.
  2. I didn't see the interview, but I can't say I can disagree with calling him "done" at this point. Recap, his last game he pitched against Milwaukee (06) got pounded. Never reached over 88-89. He spent the entire offseason working on his mechanics and strengthening his shoulder. Spring 2007, Cubs Nation gets excited over the fact that he has completed all drills and exercises along with the rest of the staff... wooo hooo. First game back, gets pounded again and again does not reach over 88. While I would love to see him back as the dominate Prior he once was, I am more inclined to think he is used and abused...over and done, call it a day! I'm pretty sure topping out at 88-89 is considered reaching over 88. Here is my problem with debating over numbers like 86, 87, 88, 89 ... The fact is this., his fastball is strait and is getting pounded. He will not survive the first inning of any big league game if he doesn't figure something out soon. At this point (and yes, it is very early) he has not showed much of anything and all reports on velocity are cause for concern. It's just too early to make the definite statements that you are, especially when we've heard stories that make it seem like he wasn't going at 100%.
  3. Of course you said the Bears had no chance against the Seahawks, so I think we can all pencil the Bulls in to the NBA Finals. :D
  4. Umm, I think you mean they have a long history of not developing position prospects.
  5. Oh, it'd definitely true-Samardzija is not nearly ready yet. His offspeed stuff still has to be developed because he can't be a 1 pitch pitcher for long. There were just so many different stories about his fastball-I think the fastball that all of us are hearing now that he has is better than could ever be hoped for. Most of us thought that he'd average 92-93, and to hear that he's pitching over 95 with regularity is quite a good jump. I always thought it'd bounce back to the mid-to-upper-90s. He was hitting the high 90s throughout the Big East tournament last season at ND, it's not surprising it slipped a bit at Boise and Peoria after a few months off. The big thing for me is that his FB has some nice movement.
  6. It's been a while since you made a quality post.
  7. Down 13-6, Cal went on a 34-2 run (:shock:) against Oregon State to open up a 40-15 lead. At the half, Cal is up 43-25 on Oregon State. I think it's safe to assume UCLA will play Cal tomorrow and not Oregon State.
  8. I didn't see the interview, but I can't say I can disagree with calling him "done" at this point. Recap, his last game he pitched against Milwaukee (06) got pounded. Never reached over 88-89. He spent the entire offseason working on his mechanics and strengthening his shoulder. Spring 2007, Cubs Nation gets excited over the fact that he has completed all drills and exercises along with the rest of the staff... wooo hooo. First game back, gets pounded again and again does not reach over 88. While I would love to see him back as the dominate Prior he once was, I am more inclined to think he is used and abused...over and done, call it a day! I'm pretty sure topping out at 88-89 is considered reaching over 88.
  9. Arron's the first UCLA All-American since Ed O'Bannon in 1995.
  10. He is everything Zach Hilton (no relation to Paris) ever wanted to be. Good move by the aints, but their defense probably wont overacheive to the level it did this past year, though. Adding a playmaker like Kevin Kaesvaharn and adding a solid MLB in Simmons will help considerably. They are still in the running for some of the top CB's still on the market. Playmaker eh? Here's a little snippet from Nov 28, 2005 from profootballweekly http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+North/Cincinnati/WWHI/default.htm?channel=2005 Reserve role for the Bengals? Ouch. He probably lucked into a few picks this year and the team's scheme took advantage of their explosive offense. Kaesviharn does not a defense make. This is what I was trying to say earlier. I think you're expecting too much out of KK based off a few interceptions, OMC.
  11. Ok, that's more like it. Nelson is a top-20 prospect.
  12. Kc does have a point though, Samardzija's offspeed stuff at ND was very poor and the conversion to a slider is still in the early stages. The development of his slider will be important to his progression to the majors.
  13. Nice to see Sori hit a HR. Looks like Novoa is starting off right where he left off last season.
  14. Some might say it's because it's the A's, who spend a lot of time taking pitches and adjusting themselves. And spitting. Bwahahahhahahahaha.
  15. Exactly. Price is the BPA.
  16. Thanks, crazycooter.
  17. NPOY should be Durant, no questions asked. No doubt. Can I say Tucker should be NPOY over durant, if you all recognize that I am a die hard badger basketball fan? But..... if the Badgers, without Butch still go to the final four, and texas doesnt, I think Tucker should get it. right now though.... Durant is.... amazing doesnt cover it. You can, I just don't think you have much of an arguement. The freshman has put up better numbers than the 5th year senior leading a team starting 4 true freshman and 1 sophmore. I didnt say Durant isnt POY now. But I dont care if he scores 100 points and 40 rebounds. If Texas goes nowhere in the tourney and Badgers go to the final four, Tucker is POY. POY isn't MVP.
  18. Might want to think about shooting some 3s if you're DePaul.
  19. Geez, no kidding. That blocking foul at the baseline was horrible. Plus giving up a layup on the previous possession after great D for almost the whole shot clock was bad.
  20. I wonder... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Navinda/davidpricedh2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Navinda/pricesig.jpg
  21. But it also stops the clock and gets Nova in foul trouble. At least you gotta make those layups that Mejia missed. ETA: They are 12/15 at the line today, not bad.
  22. Just started watching and I like what DePaul is doing here in penetrating but, gosh, draw the foul or make your layups! Nova is giving DePaul a bunch of chances by doing nothing on offense and taking stupid shots.
  23. Yeah, like night and day differences. Just look at the Felix Pie thing. In a short time, they spotted something with his swing and adjusted it. We'll see how it works. This crew seems much more technically sound. And the coaches here work extremely hard. NICE!! ---- Good to see Theriot at SS and I definitely dig Murton at the 2-hole.
  24. Having bad hands is not that big an issue in the OF, especially when compared to an IF position. Bad hands doesn't generally refer to catching the ball (which EPatt can do well anyways), and the groundballs are fewer and there isn't the pressure to field it and turn and throw out a guy right away like there is when you're in the IF.
×
×
  • Create New...