Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. One of these days, Posey is going to get what he truly deserves. Shoulda been a flagrant, whether or not he went for the ball.
  2. Holliman's scoreless streak is no more as he gave up a run in the top of the first inning...but it was unearned, so he still is sporting a 0.00 ERA. A day after taking on Ricky Nolasco and Sergio Mitre, the D-Cubs are now facing Chris Volstad.
  3. You're preaching to the choir here. Here's an interesting article on why the Raiders should no draft Russell. He compares Russell to Akili Smith. What FA or realistic trading options at QB are out there? I've heard McCown from the Lions or C-Pep. Neither of those are good options, imo. I agree with you that they should have grabbed Lienart last year. If I was a Raiders fan, I wouldn't be upset if they took a QB because honestly, they really need one. Edit: Could be totally wrong here but this is my impression from the outside looking in. Personally, I'd like to see them take Drew Stanton in the second round but wouldn't be disappointed with Trent Edwards either. Trent Edwards will be a better pro than Drew Stanton, imo.
  4. Whoops, my bad. Iowa: Mathes Tenn: Holliman Daytona: Santo Peoria: Dolis
  5. Amen. were Fontenot and Theriot on the same LSU team? I can't remember. Yes.
  6. Angel's 5th inning: Rick Ankiel singles to CF. Travis Hanson singles to RF. Ryan Christianson strikes out looking. One out. Gooz out, Webb in.
  7. Angel's fourth inning: John Rodriguez strikes out swinging. One out. Ryan Ludwick strikes out swinging. Two outs. Rico Washington flies out to RF. Three outs. Angel Guzman: 4 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 4 K/0 BB, 4 GO-4 FO, 62 pitches (41 strikes).
  8. Angel's third inning: Blake Hawksworth strikes out looking. One out. Brendan Ryan pops out to SS. Two outs. Edgar Gonzalez flies out to CF. Angel Guzman: 3 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 2 K/0 BB, 4 GO-3 FO, 42 pitches (29 strikes).
  9. Angel's second inning: Ryan Ludwick singles to SS. Ricky Washington strikes out swinging. One out. Rick Ankiel singles to CF. Travis Hanson grounds into a fielder's choice, 4-6. Ludwick scores. Hanson safe at first. Two outs. Ryan Christianson fouls out to third base. Three outs. Angel Guzman: 2 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 1 K/0 BB, 4 GO-1 FO, 31 pitches (22 strikes).
  10. Angel's first inning: Brendan Ryan grounds out, 4-3. Edgar Gonzales grounds out, 6-3. John Rodriguez grounds out, 4-3. 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K/0 BB, 10 pitches (6 strikes).
  11. http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Colvin%2520%2520CF&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=502125 .309/.333/.491/.824. Only 2 BBs though (and one of them was intentional). Has looked great defensively. He's in a pitcher friendly league.
  12. Now Sergio Mitre is pitching against the D-Cubs on the rehab trail.
  13. Ricky Nolasco is pitching against Daytona today.
  14. Is he not? I don't think so, even if he works for BP.
  15. Carolina @ Tennessee: Walker, C LF Fuld CF Fox C Kroeger RF Dopirak 1B Spearman, J 2B Salas 3B Simokaitis SS Gallagher, S P Daytona @ Jupiter: Matulia SS Spears, N 2B Colvin CF Valdez RF Reynolds 3B Norwood 1B Rick DH Garcia LF Muyco C Taylor P
  16. I'm sure someone will, plus you can follow the game on MiLB's Gamecast. The game isn't for another 6 hours though. I'm off to see Gooz pitch! Hope you enjoy.
  17. After he was traded to Montreal/Washington and had TJS I thought he was out of baseball completely. He was the most surprising one of all the former Cubs I found. By Ice Man i meant Liecster Whoops, my bad. I don't really recall hearing that nickname for him. Since Beltran was a closer prospect, the nickname sounded more fitting for him. The nickname stems from his last name: Leicester.
  18. I'm really excited about Robert Hernandez...hard thrower, good control...and just 18-years old. Hopefully he's at Boise and not Mesa. It's good to see that Cabrera and Acosta - who had good stats in the DSL - have good stuff to back it up.
  19. When did Kevin Goldsten become a stats-geek?
  20. Hendry said that Guzman earned the chance to start with his performance in the majors, no matter how he starts tonight. To add to that, I read elsewhere that the Cubs asked Guzman to work on specific things and he wasn't hitting his spots a few times with that. His velo was good (topped out at 99).
  21. STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH. Won't have a problem with Anthony Gonzalez, though.
  22. I'm sure someone will, plus you can follow the game on MiLB's Gamecast. The game isn't for another 6 hours though.
  23. Blasko is already on on an independent team (the Ft. Worth Cats). Hagerty is still a Cub.
×
×
  • Create New...