Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Maycock on McBride: Payne (from NFLDraftScout.com): Graham (from NFLDraftScout.com): Not shocking, all three look like they'd be better in the cover-2.
  2. I had heard Wolfe rated as a 5th or 6th-rounder, so I have no clue why the Bears scooped him there. I don't know that much about Bazuin but he looks pretty solid. I just don't understand picking a DE that high. Seems like there may have been other areas (OL) of concern. There are other areas of concern but Bazuin is a good talent and one of Alex Brown or Adewale Ogunleye are probably on their way out. The Bears like to rotate their DL, so Bazuin will get his share of playing time. I really liked this pick. The Bears needed a change-of-pace guy, but Wolfe went too high, imo.
  3. Trumaine McBride...hmm... Whatever.
  4. Woo! Justin Medlock at 160 to the Chiefs!
  5. Shaq said it right - it's no rivalry when the other team hasn't done a thing. :D:D
  6. From NFLDraftCountdown.com: Strengths: Has very good size and terrific bulk...Excellent natural athlete who is more quick than fast...Does a very nice job versus the run...Good hands and ball skills...Still improving and has a lot of upside...Top intangibles...Has special teams potential. Weaknesses: Still very raw...Needs to work on his technique and the fundamentals...Is not a great tackler...Does not have elite speed and plays slow because he isn't very instinctive...Does not recover well from mistakes...Really struggles in coverage. Notes: Played running back for the first half of his career and he only made the move to defense in 2005...More of an in-the-box type...Might only project to be a backup and special teamer at the next level...A project and long-term developmental guy. Doesn't impress me at all. Thanks, will read more about him but that isn't bad for end of the 4th round.
  7. Keep fouling Big Ben, Miami!
  8. Agreed. The Bears got the best TE in the draft, a playmaking DE with 26 sacks in the last 2 years, a All-American guard, and a speedy RB. If nothing else, Wolfe can make teams pay even when they kick away from Hester on kickoffs. Wolfe will be a good option on passing downs. Catching the ball isn't exactly Benson's strong suit. He adds a dimension that the Bears didn't have. He's a great change-of-pace/third down running back...and Booker and Irons were gone at the time. Bush wasn't an option in this situation - Pittman should have been since he's got a different style from Benson (and he's a great value there), but I can see why they didn't go that way. Wolfe wasn't going undrafted but I think the Bears could have gotten him in the 4th or 5th.
  9. I like Beekman and Graham, wish CM hadn't jinxed us out of Doug Free though. Don't know a thing about the UL-M defensive back.
  10. I saw you talking about Stanback. He's very raw and will never be able to play QB in the NFL - he'll stick at WR but I think he's a bit slow there.
  11. This isn't hard...guard Kapono!
  12. Yay, Bulls lead! (You guys can thank me, the second I came home from playing ball, the Bulls took the lead for the first time.) Ben with 3 FTs in a row!
  13. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070428bears2brite,1,3939310.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines Sounds like the Bears were interested in Anthony Gonzalez:
  14. Yeah, I'm hoping to see Justin Hickman drafted. Maybe Justin Medlock too.
  15. I want to see the video.
  16. I am an NIU student packer fan, and I think it's actually kind of cool that he is going to play so close to home. Also he came to a party at my house once and paid with a ben frank, so that's cool. I really doubt he does much in the nfl though. I agree. Wolfe had an impressive college career, but his stature and overall tools might not translate to the NFL game. He's a lot shorter in person than I thought. I think the Bears were right in taking a player from Northern Illinois, but they took the wrong one. Yeah, I would have liked Doug Free.
  17. I'm pleased as well. I wasn't too enamored with Spencer, but if that's who they targeted, they did a nice job getting their guy while stockpiling an extra first tounder for next year. I like the pick of Marten as he gives us depth at OL and he'll have at least a year to learn the scheme and bulk up some. I'm just so elated about getting Cleveland's first rounder that it really didn't matter much who we picked. Looking ahead to next year really excites me. Here's just a few players that we could have a choice of next season: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas Jared Gaither OT Maryland Brian Brohm QB Louisville Glenn Dorsey DT LSU Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL) Jake Long OT Michigan DeSean Jackson WR California Mario Manningham WR Michigan Franklin Okam DT Texas Sam Baker OT USC McFadden, plz! My favorite teams are now the Cowboys and whoever is playing Cleveland. McFadden is clearly the best player right now, but I'm not ready to concentrate solely on him. Flo will be a FA after this season, and any one of Gaither/Long/Baker could turn out to be franchise LTs. I would be really pleased though if we are able to get a good season out of Julius and then let him walk and get a high comp pick for him, then grab McFadden with the Browns' pick and an OT with our pick. I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say John David Booty will the first overall pick next year. Brian Brohm, Erik Ainge, Andre Woodson, and Darren McFadden might have something to say about that. No doubt, that's why I'm going on a bit of a limb. :)
  18. Daytona News-Journal interview with Sean Marshall. Peoria Journal Star story on Wellington Castillo. Peoria Journal Star story on Rocky Roquet.
  19. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Les Walrond (2-1, 2.35 ERA, 23 IP) Tennessee: LHP Donnie Veal (0-4, 10.57 ERA, 15.1 IP) Daytona: RHP Jeff Samardzija (0-1, 2.21 ERA, 20.1 IP) Peoria: RHP Marco Carrillo (0-0, 5.14 ERA, 12.2 IP) Walrond: 23 IP, 13 K/4 BB, .235 BAA Veal: 15.1 IP, 13 K/18 BB, .323 BAA Samardzija: 20.1 IP, 8 K/8 BB, .260 BAA Carrillo: 12.2 IP, 11 K/8 BB, .239 BAA
  20. Huh, Billy Petrick promoted to AA. I was hoping he'd be starting soon, guess not.
×
×
  • Create New...