Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. wow, i hadn't realized that he'd retired. If he can regain his health, he could easily pitch at least 5-6 more years, so how can he be a bust. Nolan Ryan wasn't injured, but look at his record at Wood's age. Hopefully, Wood will recover and straighten out his mechanics and end any talk of him being a bust. ....because he never will "regain his health." He's a walking injury, face it. He will always be one pitch away from an extended stint on the DL. Sorry if that's too harsh. Well, so is every player in the sport.
  2. Which Boise/Mesa guys were included in the Top 50 beyond obvious picks like Pawelek, Reed, and Veal? Also, the only thing I know about Valdez is that he sat out all of 2004 with some sort of injury. It would be one thing if Pawelek were recovering from an injury or surgery. However, especially considering Utah isn't exactly renowned for its warm weather, I think starting Pawelek in Peoria would not be detrimental to him as long as the Cubs keep a close on his health. But the Cubs might be more inclined to play it safe after so many injuries, especially considering that he's now the crown (pitching) jewel in the farm system. Because he's from Utah can work both ways - it's cooler there, so his arm might not be used to logging as many innings (especially compared to a HS pitcher from, say, Cali) so it might be better to bring him along slower. I agree that it won't necessarily be any riskier starting him in Peoria, and as long as his mechanical flaws have been corrected, I do want to see him in Peoria. But I wouldn't be shocked if the Cubs feel they have to play it safer. EDIT: That's your best sig yet.
  3. I loved those when I had class, I rarely had classes from 11-2, plus no Dodgers, Giants, or A's games ever conflicted with Cubs games at that time, so I had the TV all to myself with no roommates wanting to watch their team. Now that I have a real job, I'm gonna hate day games. :(
  4. Wait... are you saying it's not his fault that he gets injured all the time? how would it be his fault? if his mechanics are causing the injuries, it is the job of the coaching and training staff to fix it. that's not the responsibility of a 25 year old who has never coached nor gone to college. if rothschild came out and said 'we've been telling him to change his motion for three years, and he refuses to make adjustments' then that would be wood's fault. but that apparently isn't the case. why would kerry be asked to do the job of the pitching coach and the trainer? Do you really think that no coaches, trainers, or doctors have talked to Kerry and gave recommendations as to how to not get hurt every two weeks? I think it's pretty safe to assume that Kerry has been given plenty of advice over the past few years. It's his own fault that he hasn't followed it. I'm sure we'd have heard of it by now if Kerry had been given advice by the coaching staff and didn't follow it. And given how he seemed to make those mechanical adjustments last summer that the whole coaching staff was trumping up (and still needed to have surgery), I really don't think Kerry not listening is an issue. I'm not sure I follow you here. You're saying that Kerry has been given advice, and has followed it? So then who is at fault for his constant injuries? If we have to play the blame game, then it would have to be the coaching staff for not giving correct or proper advice (the mechanical adjustments that they heralded last season, which Kerry adhered to, weren't that big a deal).
  5. Wait... are you saying it's not his fault that he gets injured all the time? how would it be his fault? if his mechanics are causing the injuries, it is the job of the coaching and training staff to fix it. that's not the responsibility of a 25 year old who has never coached nor gone to college. if rothschild came out and said 'we've been telling him to change his motion for three years, and he refuses to make adjustments' then that would be wood's fault. but that apparently isn't the case. why would kerry be asked to do the job of the pitching coach and the trainer? Do you really think that no coaches, trainers, or doctors have talked to Kerry and gave recommendations as to how to not get hurt every two weeks? I think it's pretty safe to assume that Kerry has been given plenty of advice over the past few years. It's his own fault that he hasn't followed it. I'm sure we'd have heard of it by now if Kerry had been given advice by the coaching staff and didn't follow it. And given how he seemed to make those mechanical adjustments last summer that the whole coaching staff was trumping up (and still needed to have surgery), I really don't think Kerry not listening is an issue.
  6. Heh, the reason why I am not interested in Brees. Man did Marty screw up not starting Rivers in a meaningless game.
  7. Wow, how can you rate Buehrle ahead of Zambrano?
  8. Yes, Downs might start, although I hope not, since I'm pretty sure he's no more than roster-fill. I suppose he's got a Phil Norton type ceiling, but I admit I'm not that excited about these mid-80's junk lefties. Maybe his father can persuade us that he might someday grow into a Mark Guthrie fastball... Just wait for those growth plates to take over!! I want to see Pawelek in Peoria and the sooner the better, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs leave him in Mesa at least to avoid the cooler weather in the MWL. They already displayed some caution with Pawelek last year, I would expect to see some more now.
  9. I just came here to post about this. I like Grossman, but this is a move that needs to be made. I don't know how good he'd be without Gates. Fixed. That's my concern. I think it's both, LDT is a great pass-receiving RB and a great fall-back option.
  10. Do they monitor/block any Internet sites out there?
  11. Not necessarily ridiculous, the Bulls are going to have a tough time being really successful with two short guards. Of course I don't think the Bulls will get good value for Gordon.
  12. Cal beats Arizona in Berkeley to tie up idle UCLA for first place in the Pac-10. Leon Powe is a beast, if Brandon Roy beats him for Pac-10 POY, there's something wrong. Stanford remains one back of UCLA and Cal.
  13. What Virginia TE? Pope (Georgia) should be a late first rounder; Lewis (UCLA) might sneak in. I'd guess Lewis, Fasano (ND) and Byrd (USC) should be second or even third rounders.
  14. Padding the post count, eh Tim?
  15. If a young pitcher is ready for the big leagues but has some health issues, you'd think the best strategy would be to promote him to the big leagues so as to maximize his healthy days. I don't think Ponson can beat out Reyes if there's a fair spring training competition and neither gets injured.
  16. Personally, I'd rather Aramiz and Z risk injury after the season then before it.
  17. Nice win. It's nice to see 4 of the past 5 Bulls game on TV.
  18. I don't think that's true though I'm not sure. I tried snowboarding once but it was too annoying to go back to being a beginner. That bowl is great if the snow and light are good. I like Palli's though that falls into quick exhaustion category. I've done both (though much more snowboarding) and I have to agree with UK.
  19. Man...Vance defending Wade Miller? That's news! :P I can't see Ponson being better unless Miller is hurt.
  20. Stanford loses 80-76. :evil: The Cardinal pulled a UCLA and missed a bunch of key FTs.
  21. Grr, Stanford had led all game but Gonzaga has come out on a 6-0 run to start the second half. Now Gonzaga up 44-43. Dick Vitale is sooooooo annoying.
  22. UCLA lost to Washington by 3. Didn't see the game, but sounds like UCLA was awful at the line and the refs were pretty shady...53 fouls called (between the two teams) in the game is ridiculous. :evil:
  23. And that Arte Moreno is getting the hell out of there the second he can.
×
×
  • Create New...