Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,649
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Randy is one of my faves in the minor league system (sure seems like I have a lot), so this is definitely very cool.
  2. Mark Reed throws out someone trying to steal third! Veal: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K Wisconsin and Peoria are scoreless through 1.
  3. Heck, I saw him in Mesa on March 17!
  4. Huh, wonder why Chadd Blasko isn't in Daytona like Nic Jackson is, then.
  5. Albuquerque wins it 8-4. Good day for Theriot, Sing and Ryu, not so much for Brownlie.
  6. Thursday's Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jae-Kuk Ryu West Tenn: LHP J.R. Mathes (2005: 11-8, 4.49 ERA, 132.1 IP) @ LHP Ray Liotta (2005: 14-5, 2.03, 166 IP) Daytona: RHP Justin Berg Peoria: LHP Donnie Veal (2005: 1-3, 3.18 ERA, 39.2 IP) @ RHP Jason Snyder (2005: 9-7, 4.82 ERA, 114 IP)
  7. Thank you so much, Nathan!
  8. Todays games: Lambuth College @ West Tenn Diamond Jaxx, 6:05 pm CT Bethune-Cookman @ Daytona Cubs, 6:05 pm CT Check in here to listen to Ron Potesta call the WT game. Click here to listen to the Daytona game.
  9. According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, Nic Jackson has found his way to Daytona.
  10. If that's the case, Noah and Roy, plz. Even though I hate Noah right now. There's almost no way the Bulls have the opportunity to take two guys from that list. Sure doesn't look like the Bulls will have two lottery picks! :)
  11. If that's the case, Noah and Roy, plz. Even though I hate Noah right now.
  12. Just quit school. :twisted: Only to get a job and not be able to watch Cubs games period.
  13. Cedric Bozeman and Ryan Hollins don't look as excited. P.S. I'll have the probable starters up tomorrow.
  14. They're expecting winds from about 10-15 mph blowing out to LF or left center field, with game time temps in the low 50s.
  15. Sorry, no such luck. The Astros have one more starter that has shown he is capable of being decent, Backe. If Pettite keeps pitching like this and Oswalt and Backe have to carry the load, and if they continue to average 1/2 a run a game, the Astros are in biiiiiig trouble. :D What's their rotation look like? Oswalt Pettitte Backe Magic Wandy Buchholz? Nieve? Buchholz is their #5 starter. Backe is hurt and has been pushed back (Wandy goes tomorrow for the Astros instead).
  16. Mitre's going to have a good season, imo. At the very least, there should be a rain delay down there. There'll might be one late in the Braves-Dodgers game too. http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_lax_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
  17. Iowa Hawkeyes @ Iowa Cubs - 7:05 pm CT Bradley Braves (of Sweet 16 fame!) @ Peoria Chiefs - 6:05 pm CT Iowa Cubs: RHP Angel Guzman (2005: 0-1, 2.45 ERA, 18.1 IP) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (2005: 4-2, 3.92 ERA, 62 IP) with RHP Mitch Atkins (3-6, 5.03 ERA, 73.1 IP) piggybacking. West Tenn and Daytona play their exhibition games tomorrow. Sorry, Outshined.
  18. That certainly was quick. I figured they'd keep him at SS, move Stephen Drew to 2B and keep Chris Young at CF.
  19. Unlike others who have indicated they aren't turning pro, I actually believed Joakim Noah when he said it.
  20. Sounds like Raul Valdes and Les Walrond are in the rotation and Bobby Brownlie is in the pen. It also sounds like Rich Hill will be starting on Thursday.
  21. I have work all day and will miss the game (first opener I will miss since college days). But I'm gonna be busting tail during the day to see if I can get off a few hours early for the UCLA game.
  22. After what he did last year, I have to agree - no credibility.
  23. I'm rather impressed if Aardsma is back in the mid 90s this season. He did fall apart late last season, I have no problem with him returning to the minors.
  24. I would think one of the IFs or Howry would have seen it - the fans around home plate apparently did.
  25. Howry has to help on that play - at least yell where the ball is.
×
×
  • Create New...