Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. I just now realized that there is a Tseng Sung in the minors, but this is not the Tseng that is in the Cubs org (even though I am well aware that he made appearances for the Cubs last season). I feel shame.
  2. I think if The Cubs get Darvish or bring back Jake Montgomery is traded. who is the sixth starter in that case? http://www.uglypufferfish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/shang_tsung.gif
  3. http://www.clickhole.com/slideshow/find-out-what-colin-powell-giancarlo-stanton-mandy-7251#slide2
  4. A big reason I think its Jake was that I seem to remember him giving some kind of quote earlier in the off season specifically about "his numbers" over the past three years. I think its his mantra.
  5. Jeff Passan wrote a mostly good article about why the offseason has been so slow this season (yes, the free agency system and tanking small market teams has lowered demand greatly...no, it isn't collusion) which you can read here: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-baseballs-economic-system-might-broken-224638354.html But this part made me grin: I wonder who could have said that?!
  6. Maybe she just really likes that one RHCP song? [bbvideo=560,315] [/bbvideo]
  7. absolutely the events are just crazy and fun enough to justify watching something I don't actually care about. the summer olympics is none of that You need more Team Handball in your life.
  8. I really don't want to wind up with Cain, partly because meh, but mostly because I can't imagine we sign both Cain and Yu, and Yu is what I want more than anything...not even mentioning what signing Cain does to our chances of signing Harper.
  9. Fun mispelling. Unfortunately I can't find an animated version of that time his face froze. http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/27/Coughlin.jpg
  10. Man that Rizzo one cracks me up every time. Man, I'd forgotten about the Coughlin magic. Hard to choreograph that better. Ask Wesley Snipes.
  11. They are actually playing the Vikes.
  12. Just a FYI, that framed newspaper is still just outside of the bar in the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. I chuckled when I saw it.
  13. If we can't see his face, he might have a broken neck. Easily lefty.
  14. Out of curiosity why is Kipnis a bad pickup if its a buy low type of thing? He was bad last year but was a nearly 5 win player in both 2015 and 2016, only 30 and a relatively ok contract the next 2 seasons. I know we don't really need an OF, but he's not someone I could completely avoid acquiring in a trade. He's a 2B, not an OF. But either way, I want no part of him. He was barely replacement level last year, injury-plagued and 30. He's just not worth putting us $14 million closer to the luxury tax threshold. ...but he grew up a Cub fan!
  15. looks like it
  16. Heyward is not going to waive his NTC to play for a rebuilding Marlins team Ah, didn't know he had one.
  17. Yeah, the package the Giants were offering was kinda weak. Could we get him with, say, Heyward, a few decent prospects, and a small mountain of cash?
  18. ...did I mention he pitches in Coors? Did i mention his road peripherals? That's what this whole thing is about. The guy wrote that his road peripherals are not much better than his home ones. If you want to answer the question of if he is a FIP beater, you can't just look at his overall ERA compared to his FIP for obvious, altitude-involved reasons. (He is clearly a FIP beater)
  19. I don't think it's a flaw with anything. I just think fWAR/FIP can't be blindly applied and FIP beaters do exist. Is Chatwood a FIP beater? His ERA is pretty close to his FIP and almost identical to his xFIP for his career. It looks to me like he's getting the results that he has deserved to this point. ...did I mention he pitches in Coors?
  20. If you did not know what Coors was, then this is puzzling. The guy in the article says just about everything we have already said in this thread, but for unexplained reasons dislikes the deal. When you compare Chatwood's adjusted stats to the price of FA pitching, there is absolutely nothing to puzzle about, for ALL OF THE REASONS HE MENTIONED IN HIS OWN ARTICLE. If it's all Coors then why are his peripherals not better on the road? That's all the guy is saying. You can't just look at his road ERA and say this is great. He's still not getting lots of Ks on the road. He's still walking a ton on the road. He still has the same injury history. The Cubs need to add a ton of pitching, so this is fine. I prefer this to signing Cobb, so I'm ok with the risk. Let's just not act like we know that he is going to pitch well moving forward. It is true that the future is unknowable, especially pitcher health. Apart from that...
×
×
  • Create New...