Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Because there's nothing the slightest bit puzzling about it. You can not like Chatwood, but this move replaces Lackey with a younger, cheaper pitcher who was twice as valuable as Lackey last year. I don't want to be arguing against this because I don't hate it, but a WS contender giving 3 year commitment to a guy that hasn't been very good who has had 2 tommy John surgerys can be puzzling. John Lackey being trash doesn't have anything to do with the 2018 rotation. ...but he has been pretty good.
  2. The headline is a super hot take. The article is fine and reasonable. It's not hard to argue this is puzzling. I personally don't feel that way, but Chatwood has not had good results. He hasn't been healthy. He got $40 million and he'll get 25+ starts next year if healthy. You can argue that a WS contender giving $40 million over 3 years and a rotation spot to a change of scenery pitcher is puzzling. It doesn't matter. I just don't think it's a hot take. I think it's an opinion that he disagrees with. If you did not know what Coors was, then this is puzzling. The guy in the article says just about everything we have already said in this thread, but for unexplained reasons dislikes the deal. When you compare Chatwood's adjusted stats to the price of FA pitching, there is absolutely nothing to puzzle about, for ALL OF THE REASONS HE MENTIONED IN HIS OWN ARTICLE.
  3. Get your hot takes HEEEREEEEE! https://sports.yahoo.com/cubs-make-puzzling-decision-spend-38-million-tyler-chatwood-193549873.html?src=rss
  4. Josh Donaldson trolling the meatheads on twitter: Some of the responces are vomit inducing.
  5. I think we either get Ohtani or Cobb but not both. If we do get Ohtani, I think it is with the promise we trade one of our OFs, and what else can we trade for but pitching? Aside from a Betances, it would have to be another SP.
  6. In a vaccuum I like this.
  7. [bbvideo=560,315] [/bbvideo]
  8. Kris is so sterotypically Mormon. I love it.
  9. Lol. Pedro won't shut up about Ding Dong Johnson again.
  10. Leave Obama out of this man, he's retired. http://68.media.tumblr.com/4ad2be59e44233db3fdd018bb735c498/tumblr_o4n968Mzc21s2wio8o1_1280.gif
  11. Is Turner too young to cry about K calls? I guess not.
  12. It seems like Kershaw is TRYING to throw that low ball for a strike and failing. OH DAMN
  13. It's a good thing my kid is sleeping, or she'd be hearing a lot of horsefeathers about this zone.
  14. This Jardiance "man-on-the-street" pharma ad is the weirdest-disguised-as-normal thing I've seen in a while. Like, this rando totes has type II diabetes. Let's chat em up and show em my iPad stats.
  15. Just wanted to remind everyone that this team had only 1 All-Star this year. Jason Kendall, I HATE inconsistent zones.
  16. Keep the 24 pitch innings coming and we'll see if Tony Watson or Pedro Baez gets that zone in the 6th. Yeah, I'm down with that, but not sure that the bottom of the order will oblige. ...wait, no JHey. Maybe.
  17. Q's wife had an irregular heartbeat. She is fine though.
  18. I know, but the guy really had no business getting there, even though it was limit. Capped preflop, flop, and turn 3 way. I was on the button, AA on the SB, 99 on the BB. Myself and the SB are on the TAG side. SB managed to fold on the river. I was convinced that one of the other two hands had a set of 3s or 2s, and there is a MASSIVE bad beat jackpot that's close to 600k, so everyone was paying close attention.
  19. It was mostly an active decision; I was just too damn anxious by the time the game rolled around, so I knew I wasn't going to be watching all or most of the game unless the Cubs took and held a decent early lead or Hendricks looked amazing. Too nervous. I think a huge part of it are TBS' horrible, horrible announcers. It's some kind of Pavlovian response where as soon as I hear their voices I think the worst is going to happen. I played the superstition game with this one as well. I watched Silence of the Lambs and the news but was checking in constantly but making sure not watch during any action because that messed with the juju lol. The Cubs did good things when I didn't watch and bad things when I did watch so I rolled with that through about the 6th inning when Monty got in trouble and my system had been debunked. I knew this was going to be a crazy ass game so I paced myself. Thankfully it worked out in the end. I decided to play poker at a casino while the game was going on, so I wasn't losing my mind at every pitch. After the 2nd inning, I was only glancing every now and again, and missed most of the 5th inning non-sense apart from the passed ball...because I had pocket 8s on an 88329 board against AA and 99. Totally absurd. I did have to sit out for the bottom of the 9th, tho. Not a bad night.
×
×
  • Create New...