Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. This is the process vs. results debate again. They weren't pulling a "smartest guys in the room" move -- they were aggressively pursuing a good free agent that other front offices (successful ones, by the way) also thought was a good free agent. This wasn't some market inefficiency/spin rate/4D chess thing: it just didn't work out and it sucks. the idea is that the cubs guys we expect to be smarter than people like me who were like hell yeah jason heyward! But they weren't, they were in fact dumber because they were the ones who actually gave money to the guy who can't slug more than 375 without a flukey high average. I would set the over under of baseball GMs that would have expected Heyward's offensive production to decline this much...or even at all, at 3, and they probably also suck as being baseball executives. The question was if Heyward's defense in the OF was worth the pricetag, not that his present hitting numbers were unsustainable.
  2. What in the world is that?!
  3. there is no way anyone on the cubs roster would interpret anything jon lester did after that performance as being uninterested in the outcome or whatever passan is alluding to. It's either someone else or passan is just making horsefeathers up. I'm confident Passan isn't making it up, and confident it's not Lester. I'm confident that I don't give a flying poo if the guy was checking out Billy Williams and his grandkids as Baez was tying the game. It does not matter.
  4. In this situation...
  5. Most of this makes sense apart from Bote in the OF. If he isn't playing 3B or 2B, his value is close to nil. Bote is the guy you want as the backup infield guy, though I don't know what he'd be like at SS. Prob not good.
  6. I don't feel like it should be too difficult to get someone who knows what reverse splits are while simultaniously being a cool guy to work with and realizes assult accusations are important, but this is baseball so maybe I'm wrong.
  7. We need a guy who can put the bat on the ball in clutch situations (to move runners over, to hit a sacrifice fly, etc.). I'm tired of watching batter after batter swing for the fences and then strike out with men in scoring position. We have too many all-or-nothing hitters. I'm fine with all-or-nothing. Its the nothing that we had too much of. Just give me more of the all. If you want more "clutch" contact, then sign Chili to a lifetime contract or something. Your take is horrible, if I didn't make it clear.
  8. http://66.media.tumblr.com/f0f832188f1f2d48a3dd6f842514d05b/tumblr_oad9la58Je1s2wio8o1_500.gif
  9. I don't understand that either, but I can tolerate it. Thanks. It's fair to not understand it, but I just got really fatigued with this season. I just was not at all enjoying any of this. There were seasons when Sammy was on roids and hitting 60 dongs and we didn't go to the playoffs that were a lot more fun. And that's crazy to say. I accept being judged for this and also ridiculed. I'm just being honest with how I feel. Imagine taking this (and adding in that this was a 95 win team) and sending it to youself in 2012 or something. I honestly thing a lot of the doom and gloomers here enable each other and make things out to be horrific all the time. Now, September and everything after it was disgusting, but this team is still pretty damn good. I hope we get Harper and non-dumb managers and coaches out of this.
  10. I don't think you have to worry about Chili's return. But you should probably throw things anyhow.
  11. What about those who are not happy but relieved? I don't understand that either, but I can tolerate it.
  12. Everyone that is happy that the season is over is a spineless wuss and I want nothing to do with your selfhating nonsense.
  13. Not even in my wildest nightmares could I have have written the script to be this stupid.
  14. ...is Heyward still the worst hitter in postseason history?
  15. My brain just did this weird thing on contact there. I'll just imagine that is what a condensed heroin high and come down feels like.
  16. GO TO THIRD?! WTF ARE YOU TALING ABOUT?! Murphy couldn't have gotten to 3rd if he was in his Time Lord persona.
  17. Oh, to be 26 and have the body of a 40 year old, with all of that equiptment.
  18. It was at least an agressive bunt. Would have preferred it went toward 1st.
×
×
  • Create New...