Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Watch us get Gausman. Correa or Gausman, I'd be completely thrilled with either.
  2. They comped Amora to Adam Jones, does he have plate discipline issues like Jones?
  3. I wish we had a top prospect putting up a line like this one right now: .357/.420/.714/1.133 ;) I knew that was gonna come up. Rizzo is a really nice prospect, but not uber, IMO. Yay for subjective labels. Agreed. Rizzo is a great prospect, but he's not elite. Baez is showing the potential to be mentioned in the same breath as guys like Profar/Machado etc.
  4. How about SS? I'm trying to keep myself from lethal levels of excitement.
  5. It's way to early for the comparison, but Baez is showing Stanton type power. I can't even fathom what it would be like to have a player like him that could play 3B.
  6. Top 100 prospect Yasmani Grandal gets called up and gets 1 AB before being sent back down. This is pretty much the equivalent of the Cubs doing the same with BJax. I don't know that I've ever seen this type of thing done with a real prospect. It's usually the 30 year old journeyman.
  7. Only if he promises to keep his BABIP around .400. 2011: .332BABIP 4.2 WAR And what year is it now? Even normalized he's having a great year. My point is that he's been very good two years in a row so it's not a fluke. He's obviously not going to hit .380.
  8. Only if he promises to keep his BABIP around .400. 2011: .332BABIP 4.2 WAR
  9. Ok, this is Melky's second really really good season in a row. If the Giants don't sign him I hope the Cubs do. I wonder if you could land him 4/44.
  10. Campana had all day to get in position to throw and he still steps back while catching the ball. That's is as basic as it gets.
  11. I'll pass on either deal. Teheran's stock is falling. He was pretty bad in his brief MLB stint last year, he was god awful in spring training and he's giving up a hit an inning this year to go along with 7 long balls in 45IP at AAA. His walk rate is also up this year. Isn't Vizcaino hurt? Even if he was healthy, he's a guy who was more than likely going to end up a pen arm. Heyward has been a disaster since his big rookie season. Even when he's not hurt, which isn't often, he's been underwhelming. I like Beachy quite a bit, but he's the only piece in there that excites me at all for a guy like Castro.
  12. Checking other team's boards to see what is being said and I've come to one conclusion, Starlin Castro is so underrated league wide it's ridiculous. No one seems to notice that what he's doing at age 22 is putting him amongst a long line of HoFers.
  13. Surprised to see Appel #1. I'd personally prefer them in the order of Buxton,Correa,Gausman,Appel,Giolito,Almora,Zunino,Zimmer. If it ends up being any of the top 5 I have listed I'll be pretty thrilled.
  14. http://muskat.mlblogs.com/2012/05/30/530-cubs-prep-for-mondays-draft/ Reading things like this really make me believe that even if Zunino is there at 6 the Cubs will go with someone like Almora,Giolito or Fried instead.
  15. If the Cubs got Syndergaard for half a season of Ryan Dempster..........
  16. They've been playing Myers at CF, not that I think there is any chance of him sticking there.
  17. I would be less than thrilled with that draft. I want guys who have a ton of upside.
  18. Gausman slipping to 6 would make me ridiculously happy.
  19. His stat line at the end of the year isn't going to be pretty, but I'm happy with the progress recently.
  20. I felt this way at first, but the last couple games have been particularly painful. Tonight's game was just......
  21. Having some problems finding Rizzo's minor league splits from last year. Anyone know where to find them? I checked milb,baseballreference and thebaseballcube with no luck.
  22. I don't know....who would you suggest? I think James Russell is our only reliever that's not terrible. How about Camp? His splits have been even against R/L, he's struck out 21 in 25IP and he seems to be able to throw the ball over the plate.
  23. Tell me, what is Dolis's appeal? He was never particulary good in the minors, he doesn't strike out anyone despite a high 90's fastball, he walks an absurd number of people despite striking out no one. Why this team even entertained the idea of using him as a high leverage/closer type is absolutely baffling. Can anyone think of a worse pitcher who a team has tried to use as their closer?
  24. Throwing a baseball over the plate is hard.
×
×
  • Create New...