Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Maybe you should bench him if you're not going to let him do anything but hand off and throw screens.
  2. Trubisky literally contributes 0 yards on the drive.
  3. So apparently the secret is to just not let Mitch throw.
  4. Oakland approves this message. Completely forgot about that. Just lovely.
  5. Just straight up tank and draft a new QB, hopefully he acclimates before the defense gets too old.
  6. It's time for Mitch to see the bench. He checks down as often as Kyle Orton but with half the accuracy when he actually goes down field.
  7. Not sure what he changed at the ASB but since then 165PAs .264/.358/.667 with 16 bombs on a .222babip. His first half K% was 28.3 and his second half has dropped to 17.6%. That's good for a 154wRC+.
  8. I'm honestly starting to believe he's on the Addison Russell intelligence level. Just so many head scratching decisions.
  9. Still doing the same stupid things he did his rookie year. I pray the Bears aren't stupid enough to extend him.
  10. A hold, then illegal hands to the face before the interference.
  11. Didn't even take a full half for the chorus of boos on this offense.
  12. I don't get the Amaya omission at all. A 20 year old catcher with a plus arm who is putting up a 122wRC+ in A+ isn't top 100 while a 21 year old catcher also in A+ with a plus arm and a 104wRC+ is #64 on the list.
  13. Marginal this year and I just don't see how it's going to get any better next year. I wouldn't be upset at all if they tore it down after the season was over.
  14. I want that for Contreras, nice start for Bryant I guess and if you throw in Anderson and Newcomb it's not not a fairly serious offer probably short a bat I think adding Shewmake is about as much as you're reasonably going to get. They're not going to deal a likely 3fWAR pitcher who isn't a FA until 2025, a top 30 prospect, a top 50 prospect and one of their bigger upside pen arms for 2 years of Bryant. I can't think of any recent trade where anyone got near that kind of haul.
  15. Yeah the FSL is notoriously hard to hit in, but what was his excuse at A ball where he was just OK? A .241/.334/.448 is hardly thrilling.
  16. I've mentioned it elsewhere before but I'd certainly be game for dealing Bryant to Atlanta for something like Fried and Pache/Waters. Sign Donaldson to a 2 year deal, resign Nick to a 3 year deal and spend the rest on the pen/Baez extension/deadline move.
  17. A good prospect absolutely. I have no problem with him being a top 100 guy, but some people putting him top 30 is just absurd. He's a guy who is going to have to provide 90% of his value with a bat and quite frankly he hasn't been all that great with the bat outside of his stint in rookie ball. Since last August 8th, following his promotion from rookie ball, he has posted a .236/.315/.423 line 19HR with a 30.9K% in 615PAs. Yeah he's super young for A+, but when your bat is your value then you have to hit. Let's compare him to Mason Martin another guy whose value is going to be basically entirely from his bat. 20 years old and his line between A and A+ this year is .254/.351/.558 with 35 bombs and a a 30.2K% in 556PAs. He isn't even sniffing top 100 lists. Long story short, Gorman is good but he isn't some elite prospect that Card fans should be drooling over. Save that drool for Dylan Carlson.
  18. Can't imagine this season is going to help the viewership/interest in the Marquee Network's first year.
  19. At least I didn't let them suck me in again after that 5 game winning streak. ESPN has them as a 74.2% chance to make the playoffs and I'd gladly lay down money if Vegas was offering the same.
  20. In the majors I'd agree that we'd pretty much ignore a small sample like 27IP, but in the minors where prospects make huge strides fairly often, I'd weight what we've seen lately a lot more heavily.
  21. Are we approaching record pace for biggest split between home and away records? 41-19 at home and 23-39 on the road. It's kind of amazing statistically at this point.
  22. With Hamilton getting DFA'd, I'd be game to DFA Almora and let Hamilton replace him. Neither can hit at all, but at least Hamilton provides value on the bases and plays better defense.
  23. Not sure if the Orioles thing will pan out, but I think it’s a foregone conclusion that the Rays and Marlins have to relocate. Charlotte and Nashville would be two good markets for them and it wouldn’t upset the divisional alignment. I'd usually agree but MLB absolutely hates Angelos and I think they do anything they can to pry the team from him. MLB/Nats have been in a legal battle for the last couple years with the Orioles over the % shares from the MASN contract.
  24. I don't think he's a closer, or even an 8th inning guy, but he could be a really 3rd or 4th arm out of the pen. The kind of guy who is great to have around as long as he's cheap.
  25. This is why I don't even sweat trading Eloy. You have to rake so hard to be valuable when your defense is an atrocity in the OF.
×
×
  • Create New...