The Nationals are also not playing too bad lately. They swept the Giants, took 2 of 3 from the Rockies, lost 3 of 4 to the Mets and took 2 of 3 from the Brewers. That's 8-5 over their last 13. The Reds might have their hands full.
That's my favorite thing about this. There was so much talk about how their dynasty was going to be better than the Cubs and they were going to run Chicago. Then absolutely none of it happened and I laughed and I laughed.
Frankly I'd be concerned if the defense wasn't starting to beat the offense after seeing them day in and day out. This is like a pitcher going through the order for a 3rd or 4th time, of course the advantage is going to swing to the hitter.
7.88 K/9 and 3.38 BB/9, along with a 4.20 FIP and 4.01 xFIP tell me that's basically a mirage. I don't think it would be anymore beneficial than throwing Assad in the rotation.
If they can win this one and go even just 4-5 against ATL, NYM and TOR I would be pretty ok with that. Then they can fatten up on the next 12 games against the WSox, Royals, Tigers and Pirates.