Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. 15M for Imanaga, but yes about 55M. After Bellinger you're probably talking about 28M, RP is probably going to require, conservatively, 10M if they're going after 2 arms. That means you're down to 18M and you haven't touched 3B yet. Remember, you never go all the way up to your limit in FA because you need to leave room to add at the deadline. So that 18M is probably more like 10-12M.
  2. I'm looking through the the list and I don't see anyone either available or that has been attached to the Cubs besides Alonso(118). There's this Zack Gelof in Oakland, whom I know almost nothing about, but he's 24 and put up the 3rd highest wRC+ against righties as a righty(167).
  3. If they're looking for a guy who mashes righties, that sure sounds like Belt. His 146 wRC+ against righties was 11th in baseball amongst qualified hitters. Josh Naylor was at 129 as well.
  4. If Imanaga puts up 3.2 war, then that was a grand slam of a contract.
  5. I wasn't even very enamored with Hicks the reliever, let alone Hicks the starter.
  6. The Dex walking onto the field at ST signing where none of his teammates knew, was the coolest free agent signing there has ever been.
  7. Absolutely love Mitsuwa. I've been there dozens of times and the food court is really nice too. On site that have that bakery "Pastry House Hippo", but there's an even better one like 5 minutes away called "Mont Blanc". The Fruit tart is top notch.
  8. I'd find it hard to believe that Busch and Naylor have equal value. One has proven it, and at a high level, the other still has not. Even when it's 6 years of Busch vs 3 years of Naylor, it still feels unlikely to me, especially when they're pretty similar age wise.
  9. I rather hope they don't trade Morel. I'd be really hyped about this line up if they could add Bellinger and Chapman. It doesn't have a megastar, but it's super deep when your 2nd worst hitter is likely to be Nico. It would also be one of the, if not the best, defensive teams in the league.
  10. Reds just greatly improved their pen by adding Stephenson and Suter. Nvm, the guy meant Tyler Stephenson but used the wrong name......
  11. The man has the personality of a wet sponge, I'm not sure TV is in his, or the audience's, best interest.
  12. I don't think there's any age restrictions on any list and he didn't have enough PAs to lose rookie eligibility.
  13. I know, extremely small sample against a ridiculous line up. It did give me confidence that fastball is going to play though. I have questions about the other offerings, but that fastball is going to work.
  14. I thought it was 2 of the big 3 had to have him in the top 100, maybe I'm wrong.
  15. If the Cubs turn Busch into a passable 3B, then the guy who did it should get a lifetime contract after doing that for both Madrigal and then Busch.
  16. He's amazing every other year and this is the good every other year. ERA by year 2018: 1.84 2019: 5.56 2020: 2.93 2021: 7.55 2022: 1.02 2023: 5.06
  17. This trade does open so many options. So what if Busch is your 1B, you just filled a hole you were expecting to pay 17ish M to Hoskins for. Suddenly adding Bellinger and Chapman becomes financially feasible. That would be a pretty stacked line up. C- Gomes 1B: Busch 2B: Nico SS: Dansby 3B: Chapman RF: Seiya CF: Bellinger LF: Happ DH: Morel That lineup is almost extremely strong defensively as well, outside of Seiya in RF.
  18. Can we please not play the Morel and 3B game with Busch? Busch is not playing 3B and, even by Morel standards, would be really bad there. Jed has proven he highly values defense, they're not going to put a guy out there who would be lucky to be below average.
  19. I remember this. The Cubs were getting tied to Kody Hoese, and Michael Busch a lot with some word of Michael Toglia too. Hoese went off the board a couple picks before the Cubs so we all thought it was Busch.
  20. This is selling him way short. The bat is absolutely legit.
  21. 1B/DH. He's a disaster with the glove.
  22. Yeah, my guess is this means 1 of 2 things. Either Morel is about to be gone and Busch is taking over at DH, or Busch is headed to 1B and Hoskins isn't going to happen.
  23. I firmly believe Busch's bat plays and plays well at the MLB level, but man that's a lot to give up for a team trying to clear 40 man slots and not really dealing from a position of strength.
  24. Hope was the other guy. Ferris is a big loss, a guy I had pegged for the top 100 in 2024.
  25. I'm guessing, but I bet one of the prospects is Ferris.
×
×
  • Create New...