Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Weird, I expect them to lose another series to a bad team because that's what they do.
  2. 80 pitches through 7, Steele has a real chance to get a CG today.
  3. Good lord Nido. That was legitimately a foot and a half off the plate.
  4. It's crazy that all of a sudden the Cubs have Seiya with an .812 OPS, Busch with an .814 and Happ with an .805. I know it wont happen, but if you added Soto and a league average catcher to this lineup, it would actually be pretty good.
  5. It's selling high. His peripherals, while still solid, are screaming regression. After today's start he's still at a 3.79 FIP, 4.21 xFIP, and had an xERA before today of 3.63. Like I said, that's still a nice pitcher to have, but if you can get a premium piece for the future and open up salary for 2025, I'm game.
  6. Taillon might actually get a pretty decent haul if the Cubs decide they want to open up some budget for 2025.
  7. You don't think Bigge could outperform any of our current relievers?
  8. Meanwhile the players that could actually internally help, are nowhere to be seen
  9. Guys, I think the Cubs might not be very good.
  10. I would love for Triantos to play 2B for the Cubs, but he just can't. As an infielder he's worse than Morel by a good bit. I haven't heard any reports on how CF was going, but lets cross our fingers.
  11. At this point my guess is like 10/500, but it will likely be more like 12/500 just to help ease the overall AAV of the contract. If he comes in less than that, then I consider that found money.
  12. That's not true of all the advertising he'd bring into Wrigley, right?
  13. I don't think either of them have negative value. The issue would be getting either to wave their NTCs.
  14. I'm already on record that Cody needs to be traded and I'd love to sell high on Taillon. I'd also be open to moving Nico, and to a much lesser degree, Steele. Steele would require some kind of ridiculous borderline unreasonable haul for me to be ok with. Perhaps in the offseason, but not right now, I'd also be game for moving Morel.
  15. I'm ok with moving Nico, especially with Shaw looking closer to ready. With that said, if I'm moving NIco then I absolutely have to get one of Colt Emerson or Harry Ford back as the lead piece. Cole Young has probably played himself out of being available for Nico.
  16. He also provides value that's nearly unheard of in baseball when he's able to pitch on top of his MVP level bat.
  17. I was reading an article earlier that said that the Bulls were willing to attach a 1st rounder to Zach to move him because no one wants anything to do with him.
  18. I don't even have hopes for the Bulls. There is literally not a single function of this franchise that is operating at even an average level.
  19. Seeing as I have extremely limited hockey knowledge, are we expecting 2024 to be another dumpster fire where they're closer to sniffing the #1 pick than the last spot in the playoffs?
  20. While I wouldn't be particularly upset with this because it can be argued that more bullets gives you a better chance, but what the Cubs need is that one elite player to be the franchise cornerstone and I want them taking BPA to achieve that.
  21. It's amazing that basically every single big Baltimore bat prospect of the most recent rebuild has not only been a success so far, but an all star level player. Gunnar Henderson leads all of MLB with 6.0 fWAR through 83 games. just your casual 11.7 fWAR/162 game pace. Adley Rutschman is at 2.9 fWAR through 79 games 5.95 fWAR/162 pace Jordan Westburg is at 2.7 fWAR through 77 games 5.68 fWAR/162 pace Colton Cowser is at 2.2 fWAR through 80 games 4.46 fWAR/162 pace Joey Ortiz, who was traded to Milwaukee, is at 2.6fWAR through 72 games 5.85 fWAR/162 pace Freshly promoted Heston Kjerstad is putting up a 181 wRC+ in his first 37 PA as well. Then they still have Mayo, Holliday and Basallo to go. We could be looking at the best offensive line up in modern history.
  22. I mean, they don't even throw at the batter that often anymore, or slide outside the basepath to intentionally take people out or plow a catcher who isn't looking in their direction. Complete wuss ball am I right?
  23. I've seen at least 1 article that had 3 Illini going in the draft next year. Riley, Boswell and Jakucionis
×
×
  • Create New...