Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Fantastic, let the Dodgers waste their powder on Alcantara.
  2. Man, after last I couldn't help but think what could have been if Steele wasn't hurt. Steele/Shota/Boyd would have been a really strong top 3. Drop Taillon to #5, throw another guy in there like Lugo and that would have been a very deep very good rotation.
  3. I'll probably change my mind a dozen times but this is kind of where I am right now. Who I want: Steele Hall Gage Wood Tyler Bremner Who I expect the Cubs to take: Gavin Kilen Wehiwa Aloy Tyler Bremner
  4. He's not thrilling but much like Lugo he'd be a solid get. I just feel like he'd probably cost more than I'd like for a guy who been more just ok to solid.
  5. I'd not enthralled with the thought of another fairly safe bet with a ceiling of more solid major league hitter than star type pick, but I'm not exactly enthralled with guys like Aloy either. The Cubs haven't really shown any ability to get hitters to reduce their swing and miss issues.
  6. Oh my god he had a sub .300 SLG in almost 400 PAs last year with a grand total of 13 xbh. Compare that to Nico's .384 SLG so far this year. That seems almost impossible.
  7. I don't have much for expectations. As was mentioned in the article, I don't expect anyone with ceiling to be targeted it's going to be about raising the floor. McMahon is pretty much the perfect candidate for that. He's incredibly underwhelming but he's pretty consistently okish. Personally he's nowhere near enough of an upgrade over Shaw for me to have any interest in him, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jed goes there.
  8. JRam will never be traded. He took a huge discount to stay in Cleveland.
  9. He's not horrendous I suppose, but an 86 wRC+ since coming back up isn't exactly glowing in a year where they appear to be going for it based on the Tucker acquisition,
  10. Sure if Shaw is part of the deal along with numerous other prospects for Skenes, otherwise hard pass.
  11. Kept money lining the old decrepit ghoul's pockets.
  12. I'd give up that package without a second thought.
  13. Let's not kid ourselves, there is no super nasty high velocity plus stuff pitcher out there who is available. Lugo is a perfectly reasonable get.
  14. Honestly something like Shaw/Horton+Ballesteros+Caissie, the price would be very high. Hell they might ask for Shaw and Horton with an upside sweetner like Mule.
  15. So help me god if this inning ends where the Cubs have had 8 baserunners through 4 innings and 1 run.....
  16. So apparently he called Marte's Mom the youthful slang term bop which is the equivalent of a whore. Very classy.
  17. I simply can't fathom giving one cent to this shitbag of an organization. They openly don't care at all about winning. They don't even try to hide it. They embrace mediocre to poor results and in doing so line their pockets where they can.
  18. Bulls FO earning those extensions by sitting on their hands.
  19. People have forgotten that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences and consequences of your actions doesn't mean you're "cancelled" it means you were an horsefeathers and no one wants to associate with you because you're an horsefeathers.
  20. Didn't hate it, but it doesn't exactly inject energy into a franchise that so desperately needs it.
  21. Another 1st round draft pick who will see little to no time on the court in their 1st year.
  22. They chased upside with lots of tools in a guy who can't currently shoot.
  23. If they pick Kasparas I'm just out.
  24. Sitting on their hands during the draft. I guess that talk of aggressively moving up to target someone like Ace was just talk.
×
×
  • Create New...