Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Well, obviously, but idk I'd just think that if you cared enough about the Cubs to post here you probably at least googled the hope of the franchise at least once. I could google him 10 times and still not recognize him on the 11th.
  2. As David said the odds are it's probably TV or rooftop/stadium related. Discussing the "gravity" of the situation suggests to me it's more of a longterm organization issue rather than a player acquisition.
  3. hahahaha Newscorp buying Tribune would be a pretty big deal.
  4. Isn't that the Mooney article being talked about in Baseball Discussions? The way Tryptamine worded it it was like FOX is trying to acquire WGN itself...which resulted in my reply above. Yeah, Fox acquiring WGN itself is a whole new ballgame when compared to Fox acquiring the current WGN controlled Cubs rights.. Although, if it does acquire WGN, there won't be any negotiating between WGN and Fox for the Cubs rights.
  5. I had my doubts early on but it's only gotten better and better.
  6. Daryl Hannah has to be available.
  7. I don't get how you people could possibly pretend it is not open to interpretation. The topic is selling TV rights, that's a multi-year thing. I've heard the sprint vs a marathon comparison before, but crawling? No.
  8. I'm not sure why you would interpret it otherwise. Because it's about selling the longterm TV rights and he used the word crawling. I'm not sure how you could not be sure how somebody could interpret it that way.
  9. That's one way to look at it.
  10. Crawling? Really? You had to say crawling? That scares the [expletive] out of me. He's as frustrated as we are. That whole thing is about how the next TV contract, that starts in 2020 (assuming the current one lasts through 2019 and not just until 2019), is being sold as an opportunity to televise the Cubs first world series champ. That would indicate they are telling their potential partners they don't expect to win until 2020 at least. Obviously, you can come to an agreement before that season, maybe 2-3 years earlier? So after they sign a deal they can try again in 2018? It's like they have a motivation to not win yet.
  11. Crawling? Really? You had to say crawling?
  12. that's pretty cool. I'm going to try and get my daughter to like the women's team next month. She's very princessy but on Sunday she said, "Dad, can I watch football with you?" and it was the proudest moment of my life.
  13. Several years ago, Texas got Davis from Bama. They let Davis go with the coaching change this year and brought in Chris Rumph also from Bama. When this happened Davis bolted USC to go back to Bama. At the same time Texas brought in Tommie Robinson from USC. Not a couple of days for USC. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24408940/dl-coach-bo-davis-jumps-from-usc-to-alabama-after-one-week-on-the-job I'm still trying to figure out ajax's explanation.
  14. Some guy, like a random caller with an idea, or some guy, like a new LB coach?
  15. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.
  16. I'm pretty sure the dark skinned gentleman wearing the Soler jersey is Soler, but I could be wrong. Could be, but Bob still doesn't know Soler now, does he?
  17. It's a classic look It would work better if he was more fat and cartoon-y, but instead they made him all svelte and now it just looks like some hairy weirdo not wearing pants. He might be Chicago svelte, but not rest of world svelte.
  18. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 45s From @mortreport and me: Ken Whisenhunt has accepted an offer to become the next coach of Tennessee Titans.
  19. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=9181458 Seems like a reasonable fellow. He should move to Times Square
  20. Sorry folks, parks closed. Clark out front should have told you.
  21. That Bears that wipes his ass on Soldier Field hasn't affected the Bears in anyway. Don't care.
  22. Hope that isn't his real birth year.
  23. http://deadspin.com/voting-for-a-hall-of-fame-isnt-that-hard-1500249225 it's a tough job
×
×
  • Create New...