Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I just like that sully thinks this offense is great
  2. how about that offense
  3. PSU can't even beat Illinois so we can get rid of the stupid coach. You should feel bad. PSU loses to the [expletive] stain Illini (whose fans suck so bad they don't even show up for Senior Day), the injury-riddled Blue Jackets lose twice....so the Bears losing while Jeffrey and Marshall sustain career ending inuries sounds about right Illini fans are horrible racist ass hicks that deserve the bad things that happen to them but I love the absolute raw pain in this post. And the Bears aren't tied to Penn State. That would be like the Steelers or something. Psu fans are everything you listed, AND MORE. The Eagles are more closely tied to them. Pittsburgh has Pitt.
  4. Nope. Yes! It wasn't an argument, it was one idiotic meathead religious fundamentalist attempting to use his bully pulpit while sticking fingers in his ears. Law simply pointed out some of Schilling's most obvious stupid points and did so in a much more sedated way than was necessary when addressing neanderthals like Schilling.
  5. that's a cost effective way to address the framing issue.
  6. MLB ‏@MLB · 3m3 minutes ago .@WhiteSox sign @e3laroche to 2-year, $25 million deal, source tells @scottmerkin. Club has not confirmed. http://atmlb.com/1ulp6Vy #HotStove
  7. boy i think ethically he would be prohibited from doing that and i don't think you should encourage him. what are you, some kind of ethics enforcer?
  8. Chicago Cubs retweeted Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat · 20m20 minutes ago #Cubs will play Athletics in Vegas March 13 and 14. Times TBD
  9. Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell · 4m4 minutes ago Newly-signed Marc Mariani will return kickoffs and punts on Sunday for the Bears, coach Marc Trestman said. Maybe he has learned how to take a knee in the end zone.
  10. Cutler's unsportsmanlike was later. This one was the Bennett PI call, then incomplete pass to Jeff on third down and punt inside opponents 40. Q3 was INT.
  11. Well, they only scored 21. If you want to talk overall outcomes, they won the game. Have you gone back to measuring a pitcher's worth by the W column? This is a terrible argument even for you. And he's saying that so is going by points rather than how the offense actually played and moved the ball. I wasn't particularly pleased with how they moved the ball. Minnesota did nothing and the Bears could/should have put the game away but they did not. Maybe my opinion meter was skewed by how relatively poorly the offense has played all season, but the point of the matter is they haven't come close to doing their job this year. They failed on two possessions that started at midfield and both the end of 2nd quarter and end of 4th quarter drives were throat stompable possessions that again disappointed. If that 21 point effort was an anomaly I would shrug it off and say they got the job done but they've spent all year falling way short of what they are supposed to be doing. And this is from Trestman to Cutler, Forte, and on down to the lowest lineman.
  12. Maybe you can't, but sane people should. As well as the rest of the season where they have failed to be anything but average moving the ball and below average scoring. The offense has been much worse than it should be and hasn't gotten past 28 yet this year. Minnesota didn't do dick all game long and all the Bears could score without any pressure was 21. They are a massive disappointment.
  13. That pressure to perform excuse does not hold in the Green Bay game. They crapped the bed.
  14. Thoughts from Diamondbacks blog. Yes, I would do that trade they are suggesting in a second. http://www.azsnakepit.com/2014/11/19/7247561/trading-miguel-montero-diamondbacks-cubs Judging by the poll results, more Cubs fans visit that blog than D-Backs fans. That's because Cubs fans are better fans.
  15. Thoughts from Diamondbacks blog. Yes, I would do that trade they are suggesting in a second. http://www.azsnakepit.com/2014/11/19/7247561/trading-miguel-montero-diamondbacks-cubs I was just reading that one and noticed it was a couple days old. I have little interest in Montero, but that trade seems like something I'd enjoy.
  16. That being said, if we moved tomorrow I wouldn't tell my father in law until at least February.
  17. Less likely that the FIL passing on information we already know, or less likely than the FIL yanking his buddy's chain, or less likely than any number of possibilities I haven't thought of. Of course Lester's father-in-law is interested in what contract he'll sign, and of course he would like to know. It simply doesn't seem likely to me that the guy has an real inside info that he would then pass along. The negotiations are taking place without the FILs direct knowledge or input, and despite being related to the Lesters, it's not clearly obvious to me that he's any closer to the process than a well-connected reporter would be. What did the text say? Lester could be a Cub? Say whaaaaaaa- It seems pretty likely to me that the FIL would be aware of which way the family is leaning. He doesn't need up-to-the-minute status reports on negotiations to have a pretty decent idea which city his daughter thinks she will be living for the next half decade.
  18. me too He was voted in back in August but just got his contract today.
  19. I don't know why it should. The team has regressed for quite a while. Maybe the McCaskey's will see the ridiculously long leash that Epstein got and knowing their cash flow isn't a problem they will feel comfortable with the status quo. But that is just further delaying the inevitable. I want an overhaul. Just curious, does your overhaul stop at Emery? If you're decided to can Emery the ax needs to cut a little deeper still. I would dump Phillips but do not think that is necessarily necessary for football improvement purposes. While Phillips obviously doesn't make football decisions he has to hire someone who does, in a field where the candidates have way less publically available information and which he really doesn't seem to be tuned into the insider circle. I'd be very nervous that Phillips next GM is worse than Emery. More so than being worried that Emery's next coach being worse than Trestman. Also raw's stability argument holds more weight at the GM level IMO. (And obviously even more at Pres/ownership level but again that's really the only true fresh slate). I just hope George has made enough connects across the league to positively influence the next search.
  20. I don't know why it should. The team has regressed for quite a while. Maybe the McCaskey's will see the ridiculously long leash that Epstein got and knowing their cash flow isn't a problem they will feel comfortable with the status quo. But that is just further delaying the inevitable. I want an overhaul. Just curious, does your overhaul stop at Emery? If you're decided to can Emery the ax needs to cut a little deeper still. I would dump Phillips but do not think that is necessarily necessary for football improvement purposes.
  21. I don't have a problem with Cutler per se, but they aren't winning with him because they aren't winning with Trestman and they aren't winning with Emery.
  22. I don't know why it should. The team has regressed for quite a while. Maybe the McCaskey's will see the ridiculously long leash that Epstein got and knowing their cash flow isn't a problem they will feel comfortable with the status quo. But that is just further delaying the inevitable. I want an overhaul.
  23. I don't get how you can ask that question about Cutler. He has stabilized the QB position like no prior Bears QB has ever come close to doing. But he's done that by basically being average. Winning with an average QB is possible with a great team but this team isn't going to be great with Emery and Trestman around. And I really have no idea what your last sentence means. The defense is no better and the offense isn't near good enough. That is as good a reason as any to start over. And they should start over with a real NFL GM this time.
×
×
  • Create New...