Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. They have already dealt with plenty of criticism from media, the agent, the mlbpa, the head of that pa, the player and every other potential complainer. What could would pretending he needs another week do to avoid more? The controversy and criticism is there and will remain there regardless.
  2. The man really misses the horseshoe casino
  3. In comments section of Tom lay's stupid article: Comments by editor Tim marchman I'm not shocked that they're trying to make more money, I just think that turning a ballpark unlike any other into a place with giant TV screens in place of clear blue skies is a bad, stupid idea. If it makes you happy to have the views and experience offered by the ballpark ruined so that some random [expletive] can put more money in his pocket, bless your heart. I'm not shocked that they're trying to make more money, I just think that turning a ballpark unlike any other into a place with giant TV screens in place of clear blue skies is a bad, stupid idea. If it makes you happy to have the views and experience offered by the ballpark ruined so that some random [expletive] can put more money in his pocket, bless your heart.
  4. Deadspin shared that sentiment as well and they would be the first to mock people who think it is about something other than money. The writer claims his sitelines are ruined. He's also not a Cubs fan.
  5. baseball people are the worst
  6. 100 HR and .100 AVG?
  7. Only if you want to clean the cheese off the bottom of your oven on a regular basis. What? You definitely do not need anything but the pizza and the rack.
  8. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 13s14 seconds ago Bryant rips HR to right of hitters' eye in CF in minor league game vs. SF
  9. Nevertheless, it's cool. unless it doesn't work then it's a waste of time and resources
  10. wrong thread
  11. Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 54s55 seconds ago Sources: Braves RHP Arodys Vizcaino suspended for 80 games for PEDs. Announcement expected sometime soon.
  12. mods need to do their jobs and merge it to random musings
  13. The solution to this is approach Rizzo in a couple years and offer to rip up the existing and extend him another 3 years at a more substantial rate than he is getting but a much lower rate than he could theoretically get as a free agent. If he refuses, keep him at the current rate and let him walk.
  14. huh, that looks incredible inoffensive to me. I like when stupid ads make stupid jokes based solely on where it is located or how it is used. (GAP signs in the gap)
  15. you pay per use
  16. Looks like they are trying to speak with ships at sea
  17. I'd want them to keep their options open and consider the idea of letting him walk and let an internal candidate take the role.
  18. Why is this idea of Schwarber replacing Rizzo becoming a thing? The only time we should be talking about replacing Rizzo is when his contract is up and he makes it known that he won't extend a few more years. Rizzo is controlled for 7 years until he is 31. Schwarber presumably has a couple more years to develop his catching skills and will then be on pace to debut as catcher* in 2017** and taking the full job by 2018. In 2021 Rizzo will be in his final contract year at 31, and Schwarber will be in his arbitration years at 28. At that point you have to strongly consider letting Rizzo walk, using the money elsewhere, and let Schwarber shift over to 1B, presumably with some other more defensively oriented catcher taking his job. He'd have that role for 2 years**. *Assuming the plan is to keep him at catcher, otherwise bring him up this year. **After his 12 days of service time considerations, giving you control through 2023.
  19. No scouting report that I can remember calls CJ a #1 starter. They pretty much all consider his ceiling to be a #2 with the floor of a high leverage reliever. In MLB's current top 100, there are 24 pitchers ranked ahead of CJ. Of those 24, a handful are projected to have a ceiling of a true #1 starter, someone who has a decent chance of becoming a top 30 starting pitcher in all of baseball. CJ may be a #1 prospect in the sense that he is the Cubs #1 (top-ranked) pitching prospect, but he's not projected to be a #1 starter in the bigs even at the most optimistic projection. Those guys are Giolito, Bundy, Cole, etc. or already established guys like Kershaw, Price, Zimmerman, etc. When I see discussions like this I tend to get the feeling that we're operating on the silly ass notion that there are like 5-10 "true" #1 starters in all of baseball or something.
  20. Bears make it official Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 18s19 seconds ago #Bears have released veteran center Roberto Garza and signed free-agent center Will Montgomery to a one-year contract.
  21. I am confused. He was rather famously traded from Detroit
  22. When was the last time someone traded away a young #1 starter? Truly asking. Trying to remember. David Price? I guess I should have been more specific on what I meant by young. I was thinking like a 24 or 25 year old #1 starter. I don't think many 24 or 25 #1 starting pitchers, or stud hitters get traded. I think you trade your "surplus" hitting for quality pitching, not superstars.
  23. Uhhhh. No you wouldn't. Depends on many games you think constitutes Pompei's share.
×
×
  • Create New...