Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. So it'll take another month to make up 5 games? There are 32 games between now and the end of May. If they are 27-26 going into June 1, I think I'd take it. That's 19-13.
  2. Tomorrow's an offday. Which just proves all the more that if they do tank, this win will be meaningless. What if they get tanked? Than we're all winners.
  3. Tomorrow's an offday. Which just proves all the more that if they do tank, this win will be meaningless.
  4. I agree. I really wanted this from the start and it's a lot of fun. When the conductors can't sing it makes it hillarious The stretch isn't a song that needs to be sung by people who can sing. My complaint is more about those people going to the booth and ruining a half inning of the broadcast every game. It's an annoying gimmick, but better than all the gimmicks you get elsewhere between innings.
  5. I'll be happy with 93 more of these this year. 82 in the regular season, 11 postseason wins. don't care how many are by 1 or 2 runs.
  6. He should be easily over a 1.000 OPS now as well-probably around a 1.030 or 1.040. 1034, assuming gameday's links are accurate.
  7. Seriously, how good is Lee's BABIP right now? He's now over a 1000 OPS with only 1 HR, that's insane this far into the season.
  8. He may be non-tendered. I think you can't submit an offer more than 20% below the previous salary. That puts the Cubs on the hook for at least $2.8 million in 2008. With no guarantee that he'll pitch. What I am more unclear about is whether his service time is stopped when he is on the DL but on the 40-man. But I don't think he'd be eligible for free-agency until after 2009. he's in AAA, so he's not accumulating service time. he'll be under the cubs' control until 2009 now instead of 2008. I'm not sure about this, but: If they want to maintain control over him, they have to tender him a pretty significant contract. If they don't tender, he will then be a free agent. They can negotiate a contract prior to non-tendering him. The problem would be if Prior feels the Cubs are at fault for his injuries. He could call their bluff and force his way out. But assuming he doesn't hold a grudge against the team, Prior might for for an incentive laden contract that keeps the Cubs happy (and in control of him) with minimal guaranteed money, but high incentives for starts made. Something like $500k, with up to $10m in incentives if he starts 32 games.
  9. Next game Floyd goes to RF, Theriot goes to 2B, Izturis to SS and Soriano back in CF?
  10. seriously, they need to pull the plug on this Agreed. What should replace it? A recording of Harry? Ron Santo? A strict restriction on who can sing it, like former players/broadcasters only? I think they should just play it on the organ and let the crowd sing it. beat you to it Wow, I was really slow on mine.
  11. seriously, they need to pull the plug on this Agreed. What should replace it? A recording of Harry? Ron Santo? A strict restriction on who can sing it, like former players/broadcasters only? The organ.
  12. I understand what you're saying, but the bolded statement isn't true. He crushed one the other day that the wind killed. Nonetheless, I won't begrudge those that are concerned about his power. Crushed balls don't get killed by the wind. Plenty of opponents have managed to put the ball out into the wind this season. If the excuse is he can't power in through the wind, the sentiment remains the same. If you want to quibble over crushed balls vs homers knocked down by the wind, fine. I concede. The point is that he said he hasn't given a ball a ride at all....with the last part bolded for emphasis. That isn't the case. I partially share the concern over his power... I took given the ball a ride to be a euphemism for hitting a homerun. The fact is he hasn't hit a homerun. If people want to take solace in the fact that he can't muscle the ball through the wind when others have, go right ahead. But I'm concerned about the lack of power. This lineup isn't good enough to have Derrek just occasionally poke one out.
  13. That I can agree with but I don't think many people really expected him to have that type of power again. I, and many others, assumed he'd be off his 2005 pace. But I was hoping he'd be above his 2000-2004 pace. That Derrek Lee was nothing special. His OPS currently has him somewhere between elite Derrek and second tier Derrek, but if the HR pace doesn't quicken, he'll probably fall back to the completely unimpressive Lee.
  14. I understand what you're saying, but the bolded statement isn't true. He crushed one the other day that the wind killed. Nonetheless, I won't begrudge those that are concerned about his power. Crushed balls don't get killed by the wind. Plenty of opponents have managed to put the ball out into the wind this season. If the excuse is he can't power in through the wind, the sentiment remains the same.
  15. Batman seems a little uncomfortable speaking over the play by play.
  16. ah good, i was worried nobody was going to make a snide comment about those of us who are concerned about lee's lack of power. For the record, that's what, 1 in 20 games? Soriano's on pace for 0 HR this year. If Soriano were coming off a major wrist injury, I'd be worried about him too. I'll always be worried about Soriano.
  17. ah good, i was worried nobody was going to make a snide comment about those of us who are concerned about lee's lack of power. For the record, that's what, 1 in 20 games? Yeah, hitting 1 doesn't change the concern. If he hits 10 more by May 25 I might be less concerned.
  18. Did anybody else get fooled by gameday saying ball in play (out made)?
  19. If the Cubs manage to finish the month 3-2, they'll be on pace for 65 wins.
  20. 1) What about Floyd? 2) What did he do this time? 1) Excuse me, I must have seen only a partial list-Theriot has been a little higher than Floyd 2) basehit by Floyd, Theriot goes to second. ball gets a little bit away from third base, Theriot tries to run to third, gets thrown out easily. Sounds like some aggressive Baker ball to me. These guys got to learn that getting one extra base is not nearly as valuable as staying on base in the first place.
  21. I could see Lou leaving on these conditions: Cubs continue to flounder, plus new owner comes in looking to make big changes to management. Yankees miss the playoffs and Torre gets canned. At this point I could see the Cubs, Yankees and Lou agreeing to make some sort of deal.
  22. 1) What about Floyd? 2) What did he do this time?
  23. Good god I hope so... So when Izterrible loses his job, that will be 4 Mil on the bench, add in extra $$$ that Floyd will get, plus the $$$ Prior is getting...we will have a ton of dead money. Money that could have been used to close the Zambrano deal before the tribune sale. This is why Jim Hendry is one of the worst GM's in the game. 329-339
  24. The only solution might be usurping control from Hendry and overhauling the roster.
×
×
  • Create New...