All well and good, unless, or until, Jim goes out and spends more on another reliever. It would be a mistake to give any reliever in this market a 5 million dollar per year deal for multiple years. It would be a big mistake (as far as percentages, not saying it couldn't work out) to do it for Wood. So if Hendry went out and signed another reliever instead of Wood for 2/10, he would have done his job wrong but not made the big mistake. I agree with Cuse. You offer him a deal, but it has to be heavily incentive laden. I disagree. The mistake is the years, moreso than the money. 4/19 is stupid, mostly because it's 4 years. 1 year is ideal, but unrealistic. Getting a guy for 2/10 is pretty reasonable. Wood's health is the only thing that makes it a risk, and it's a significant risk. But I'd rather spend a little more per, and only go 2 years, then end up with somebody else for 3/15 or higher. I don't get why people are pretending Wood is just another reliever. Wood is quite different from most guys signing for middle relief money, in that he actually stands a chance of being dominant. Most available middle relievers are at their best, pretty good. But few ever flirt with dominance. If you are going to take risks, take ones that actually come with a possibility for reward. You can have all the healthy Alfonsecas in the world, I'd still rather take my chance on a guy with Wood's ability.